CHAPTER 64

A/N: Hey everyone, before you read this chapter, please be warned that I, myself am not sure about when I'll be updating in the future. Life has been too busy lately, and it's gonna be more so in the future. This update is after SO long. I should have made a recap of sorts, but I honestly don't know what to write for recap.

If you do continue to read, I thank you. If you choose to shelf it, I accept that too. I've been the absolute worst at updating this year :(

Sorry for disappointing. I wish I could be more consistent.

CHAPTER 64

CAMERON's POV

"Should we trust Julian with Leah?" I ask Artemis, sort of worried about Leah because I don't know how alcohol affects Vampires. She lets out a yawn as she cuddles into me, and I have to hold back the urge to hold her as tight to me as possible.

"Despite what you think of him, Julian is actually very responsible" She tells me with her eyes closed and I take the time to get my fill of looking at her face which is now completely relaxed and untroubled.

She opens her eyes and catches me staring and mistakes my affection for doubt before reassuring me, "He has always been reliable, but even more so now that he has his mate, so don't worry that gorgeous head of yours"

"Okay" I relent finally and she squeezes me before drifting off. I close my eyes, trying to sleep but failing miserably knowing that for who knows how long, this will be the last night I'll be sleeping beside her...

3 AM at night, she is proved wrong when there is a loud knock on the door, almost making it feel like someone is going to break it down.

I try to check who it is using my vision, but to my surprise nothing pops up.

There is another knock, this one louder than the previous one followed by a series of bells. Artemis wakes up startled.

"What happened?" She asks, blinking.

"Someone is at the door" I tell her, my heartbeat unnaturally fast right now.

There is a loud bang again and she sits upright, all traces of sleep gone from her eyes. She looks at my face and I'm not sure what she sees, but her tone is firm as she says "Let's go check together"

She gets off the bed and when she sees I'm not beside her, she turns to me and says softly, "I can go check alone Ron. No worries, you can stay-" but I'll be damned if I let her go alone, especially when I don't know what awaits at the door, so I jump off the bed and head to the door, Artemis following behind me.

Zeus is up and growling in my head, ready to confront all danger and not let anything touch his mate and for once, I'm glad for his presence, so full of the courage that I seem to be lacking.

Closing my eyes, I grasp the lock and after taking a quick breath, I open the door-

Only to see Julian, Leah and Eduardo standing on the door, Leah looking like she is about to commit murder.

Before I can ask what triggered this unexpected visit in the middle of the night, Leah is pushing past me and stalking in the house. I follow her with my eyes and see that she raises a hand to stop Artemis who is about to follow her.

"Don't" She spits out, "Just... fucking stay away" When she looks at Artemis, there is a desperation on her face as she adds, "I can smell your heat on you so please stay the fuck away from me right now" and walks away, leaving Artemis standing right where she was at, shell shocked.

Zeus growls at the back of my head but I'm just confused... I've never seen Leah talk to Artemis like this before.

"What the fuck happened?" I demand, trying to control Zeus and myself from going to my mate, who is still in a daze.