CHAPTER 10

Chapter 10

The dinner is one of the most awkward experience of my life, tbh.

Almost all the teenagers are outside, having their meal at the patio, but I, along with S am stuck indoors with the Alphas, Betas and Gammas. And their kids, of course.

"Is the Lasagne not good, Art?" Auntie Del asks me with a worried look at my plate and I give her what I hope is a charming smile.

Auntie Del is an awesome cook, so I don't think twice before I say, "It is delicious, Auntie"

"Then why are you not eating?" She frowns.

"I am!"

"Then why is your plate still full?" She demands, looking slightly rattled.

My plate is still full? That can't be...

I look down at my plate to see that it is indeed full, the piece of lasagna left untouched.

"Uh... I guess I am just not very hungry" I give Luna Delilah a sheepish smile making her frown even more.

"Really? T couldn't eat enough and I swear he's come whining to me one too many times to complain about how you out eat him..."

Shite! Auntie Del just won't give up.

"Pa is just being a baby. I don't eat that much" I laugh nervously. Why am I not feeling hungry?!

S snorts making me glare at her.

"She eats 10 times more than a normal shifter does" She announces to the table making me glare at her.

Not helping S. Definitely not helping!

"I... I was baking before we came here and you know how I am, Auntie Del. I ate while cooking and now my stomach is kind of full" I give her a sheepish smile. Her face drops making me feel guilty af.

"I said kind of" I laugh awkwardly, "that means there's still a lot of space in my stomach" and with that said, I attack the Lasagne on my plate like it is my last meal.

I don't look up when I am eating, but I can tell that Auntie Del is smiling.

Phew.

The Lasagne is truly delicious, and I am positive that no matter how hard I try, I am not going to be able to replicate it. Auntie Del really has magic in her fingers.

"How are your studies going?" Tulia asks and I look up to see who thr question is directed to, only to see her gaze fixated on me.

"Uh... Okayish?"

"So you are flunking Chemistry?" She asks.

"Uh..." What the hell? Who told her that?!

"You are failing?!" Auntie Del looks at me with wide eyes.

"Uh... Sort of?" I quickly pile pieces after pieces of roasted chicken on my plate as I tell her that.

"Artemis Mia Anderson!" I frown when Auntie Del full names me, because it reminds me of today's morning, when her son did the same.

"Auntie Del-"

"I can't believe you are failing your classes!" She gives me a disappointed look.