CHAPTER 8

Chapter 8

Song- Nick Jonas - Remember I Told You ft. Anne-Marie, Mike Posner

"Miss Anderson" I cringe as my name is called, and straightening my shoulders, turn to face Warrior Thomas.

"Warrior Thomas" I look him squarely in the eye, deciding spontaneously to use Pa's mantra. Fake it till you make it.

In this case, I just need to fake some bravado.

Piece of cake. Not.

"What are you doing here?" He asks as his eyes scan the list pinned on the board in his hand. How can he forget that I am a senior? I come for training every day albeit I am never late...

The whole gym is now silent, enjoying the scene that Warrior Thomas is sure to create.

Such idiots.... but can I really blame them? I myself have enjoyed quite a few such scenes before...

"Are you by any chance in this batch?"

Before I can confirm, his eyes narrow on the sheet of paper he was examining and his face turns sour, "Oh, I see you are"

"Yes Warrior!" I give him a mock salute. He outright glares at me.

"Then you should know, that training started 3 minutes ago"

"Yes Warrior" Again said loudly and clearly.

"So why are you traipsing in only now?"

"I was in the library Warrior, so-"

"A good Warrior never gives excuses, Miss Anderson! They take their punishment head strong"

"Punishment? I am only three minutes late" I frown, "And I am pretty sure Gary was a minute or two late too" I point at Gary, who is standing there in only his shorts, and he smirks at me, clearly amused.

Warrior Thomas on the other hand has other thoughts.

"A warrior never blames others, Miss Anderson"

"I am not blaming him" I give him a wide eyed look, "Just stating a fact-"

"A good Warrior never argues either" He gives me his practiced disappointed look and I decide to keep my mouth shut henceforth.

"Sorry Warrior Thomas" I give him an innocent smile like I've seen the others before me give before, "It won't happen again"

"5 laps" Is all he says and I mentally smirk.

That is definitely a piece of cake I'd enjoy.

Probably sensing my happiness, he decides to rain on my parade, "In your wolf form"

I tense, and this time, I don't even have to fake my confidence.

"I don't have a wolf, Warrior" And before he can counter, I add in a firm voice, "I have a beast"

"Miss Anderson-"

"If you want me to train in my beast form, you will have to first cross check with Alpha Black"

"Miss Anderson-"

"She trains in her skin" A very firm voice speaks up and although gooseflesh rise on my skin, Warrior Thomas looks slightly peeved at being interrupted.

Everyone's eyes that were before devouring my humiliation, turn to the person who spoke, and though I don't look at him, I know that unlike me, Cameron is not even close to feeling abashed under all the attention.