CHAPTER 5

Chapter 5

Song- Believer by Imagine Dragons

"Is this what T and Liv taught you?" Warrior Reynolds is trying to rile me up, and I know that I am rusty, but I cannot help it. My mind is only on S.

We are doing a one on one right now and since I am the only one who is partner less (The other partners are as follows- Victoria and Gary, Tyler and Cameron, Alice and Taylor), Uncle Reynolds is partnered with me.

"Can I take a break?" Maybe I should go and take a quick look on them. See if Auntie Mel is holding her promise.

Uncle Reynolds is now gaping at me. "Who are you and what have you done to T's daughter?" He asks with astonishment clear on his face,

"Warrior Reynolds" I ignore the snicker behind me and resort to pleading. "I will be as good as a punching bag until I go see Stella"

"Artemis how many times do I have to tell you that you are not allowed to leave this field until you show me what you've got" He sounds disappointed and I am on my last stick of patience.

"I show you what I've got and you'll let me leave?" A plan is already brewing in my mind.

"For today, yeah, sure" He doesn't even has to think about it. He's never really seen me in battle. Poor him.

"No barriers?" I ask, sending a quick apology to Pa mentally for even thinking about it.

"Yeah" He is really looking at me now.

"We can shift into our beasts?" Note how I don't say wolf but instead opt for the term 'beast'.

"Sure" I can see the glint in his eyes. He has never seen my beast, but he's heard loads from my Pa.

"Should we go farther away from them?" I am having second thoughts already. My beast is not pretty... and I sure don't want to shift in front of so many people. People that I cannot stand.

"No. I cannot allow us to leave this spot" He shakes his head.

I know he won't change his mind, so I change mine. I won't shift into Mia. I'll handle this on my own.

"Gear yourself Uncle Rey" I say in a light voice, and he grins.

"Give your best kiddo" He says back and I start circling him.

"You going for offense or defence?" He asks, and I show him my answer, by going at him with all that I have.

Uncle Rey is an excellent fighter, and after my Pa and Uncle Alex, he is the man I admire and respect the most, but even I know that he cannot beat me. I am the strongest feline's daughter, and my old man never went easy on me when he was training me.

We spar for ten minutes straight, and because I did not allow him even a single second's opening, his movements are now slowing. Kinda sloppy. Our pack hasn't been in a war for like the past 17 years, so Uncle Rey hasn't really fought with anybody in that long. But me? I don't work for Uncle Ed because of my parents' connection with him or because of my magical prowess. I work for him, because he saw me sparring with my Pa that one time, and he decided he wanted me on his team.

When I see the perspiration on his forehead, I back off graciously.

"Can I go now Uncle Rey?" I have pulled out the big guns, used my name for him that I used to use before, and also, he is panting, so it is no surprise when he waves me off with a proud grin on his face.

(O-O)

"So you are telling me that she left after half an hour?" I ask S for the nth time and she gives me an annoyed look. We are walking home now that she is done with training for the day.