CHAPTER- 62 Alternate POVs

Chapter 62

ARTEMIS' POV

"Artemis?" I hear Cameron's hesitant voice and look up from my bed to see him at the door.

Why the hell is he still here?!

"What?" I mumble and he gulps audibly.

"Uh... Leah left" He says and I raise a brow.

"So?"

"But I didn't"

"I can see"

"Because Tulia said-"

"Cameron" I cut him off, "I don't care who said what"

"Okay. I'm making coffee-"

"At this time?" It's past 10 pm what the hell.

"I saw this viral coffee and I wanna try making it"

"There's coffee in the kitchen"

"Do you want some too?"

"No"

"But you haven't had your dinner yet"

"I'm not hungry"

"Females who are in heat should eat healthy"

"Cameron can you-"

"This is the first time I am making this coffee and I want someone to film me so I can share it with mom because mom shared her video with me too" He rambles and in the back of my mind, I realize his excuse is lame at best but the expectant look in his eyes makes me ignore the pain that the heat has brought me, get up and accompany him, and the small smile that he has on his lips makes it worth it.

*

"How does your heat work?" Cameron asks as I clean up after him. THE BOY IS A MESS. A LITERAL MESS IN THE KITCHEN.

"Does everyone's heat work different?" I ask him, watching him cringe at the taste of the coffee he made. I am not even gonna try drinking it. I am happy with my tea.

"I don't know how heat works in general" He confesses, "Just that females need their mates when they are in heat"

"When I am in heat... my blood gets more enticing for vamps"

"That's why Leah left" He says and I nod.

"The last time I was in public when I was in heat, I realized that people of all species got attracted to me more than they usually do"

"Oh" There is no jealousy on his face when I say that, just curiosity.

"And I am in literal pain for 16+ hours every day whilst I am in heat"

"For real?!"

"Yeah"

"Woah. That sucks"

"And you can already smell my arousal, right?"

"Yeah"

"That about covers it up"

"Why did you not... satisfy yourself till now?" He asks curiously and I shrug, "Doesn't matter how much I do it, I'll be constantly aroused till my heat ends anyway"

"I remember back when we were in Little West you used your vibrator as soon as your heat hit you..."

"I've become more used to it now. I wasn't back then"

"Can I hold you when you sleep?" He asks out of nowhere and I stare at him wide eyed.

"WHAT?!"

"It will help you with your heat. Skin-ship helps right?"