A New Start

Hey guys, it's time for a new story. I've been wanting to do this story ever since the game came out and hope that you like it. I'll do my best to follow the events of the game but might add in some extra stuff. If you have any suggestions or tips don't be afraid to leave a comment after reading! This story starts just after Cere and Greez rescue Cal but before they go to Bogano. It will start with Cal's point of view and then get into my OC, Luna's, point of view. It will only switch back and forth for this chapter because it's the introduction. I haven't decided on who I want to stick with so maybe you guys can suggest something.

Ch. 1: A New Start

(Cal's POV)

I sat at the kitchen table of Greez's ship, my hands still a little jittery from everything that had happened over the past couple of days. I couldn't get yesterday out of my mind. I started the day with going to work like usual and ended it escaping the planet from the Second Sister and the Empire.

I can't even believe it.

I stayed hidden or so long; five years. I guess it was only a matter of time before they discovered that I was a Jedi. I thought I would be ready for it, but I got so used to being an ordinary citizen of Bracca that I had let my guard down...

"I'm sorry, Prauf," I muttered quietly. Prauf was my best friend on Bracca. My only friend. And he died sticking up for me. I wish I could thank him for what he tried to do but he's gone now.

Sighing, I looked up at my surroundings. The ship's name was "The Mantis" I think Greez called it. It was a decent size, and it was nicer than what I'm used to. I mean, my home back in Bracca was basically just a one-room apartment. That's all needed...and what I could afford. This ship was cool though. The kitchen, where I was at, had a long counter that contained silverware, the stove, pantry, fridge, microwave, and liquid dispensers. The table was family-sized with three individual seats on one side and then a booth-like seat on the other side. To the left of me was a long, glass window that contained soil for any plants if you decided to grow vegetables or something like that.

Outside of the kitchen was the common area. Nothing much to it other than a couple of things. A large, circular holotable sat just in the middle of the room. The holotable constantly showed a hologram of different planets. I assume these are planets that Cere and Greez were monitoring for more Jedis that had survived Order 66. To the sides of the holotable were two couches that you could probably fit two people on if they were both lying down.

Beyond the area was just the cockpit where Cere and Greez were sitting. Greez typically was the pilot of the ship while Cere worked communications and listened in on Empire radio calls.

I stared at them for a second and then back at the table. I'm not sure if I fully trust them or not. In fact, I know I don't. But...they saved me yesterday. I would be dead if they had not swooped in and took me in on their ship. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely grateful for what they did. It's just...after five years of being fearful for my life, it's kind of hard to trust anyone. Cere told me she understood that but knew that we would trust each other eventually.

I darted my head back at them when I heard Cere stand up from her chair with a sense of urgency. Greez turned in his seat and stared at her until she finally looked at me.

"Cal, we've found another one!"

I stood up from my seat, not knowing what she was talking about exactly.

"Another one?"

"Another Jedi that survived the purge! I just heard over Empire communications that they got tipped off about a Jedi being on Hosnian Prime in Republic City. They don't know who or where they are in the city though so this our chance to save them before the Empire does!" she explained. I practically ran over to the cockpit at what I was hearing.