10 - Vodka Fever

Previously, Adrien's POV:

I could've gone on and on and on. I know this girl like the back of my hand.

"Adrien..." She whispered.

"Yes, my lady?"

By now, the room was blazing hot. I looked into her deep blue eyes like it was the only solid thing in a dizzy world.

One little step forward and we would be kissing...

---

Marinette's POV

How can he say that to me? How can he say 'I love you' in the worst possible moment? Does he even mean it? Or does he just want to sleep with me like all the other girls?

He had so many opportunities to say those three words, and now that things are going well with Luka, he has to make me doubt myself.

I couldn't even look at him... His perfect chiseled face, his perfect messy hair, and the way his football uniform hugged his perfect body...

"I told Luka I would give him a second chance..." I said and looked to the side.

"So?" He scoffed, and I furrowed my brows.

"Doesn't loyalty mean anything to you?!" I shouted as I pushed him back to create some distance between us.

"So what, you guys are together now?" He hissed in disgust.

His eyes glimmered in the dim light of the changing rooms in an almost hypnotizing way. Something like hurt, anger and sincerity swirled inside of them.

"Adrien, I feel like the only reason why you 'confessed' is because I'm suddenly unavailable" I admitted.

"Okay, yeah, maybe it took a little push for me to admit it, but is that so bad?"

I really didn't know what to say, so I looked at the ceiling and buried my face in my hands instead.

"Gosh, you're so confusing..." I sighed.

Do I have hidden feelings for Adrien Agreste? Maybe I do. Did I feel a little bit of jealousy whenever I saw him hanging out with another girl? Maybe I did.

He was about to retort, but our heads snapped at the sound of footprints coming towards us. Please, don't let it be Luka...

Thank God, it was Nino. "Oh, sorry to interrupt... But people are looking everywhere for you. And Chloe's hosting a last-minute party at her dad's hotel so we're all going there" He said.

"All right Nino, thanks for telling us" I said with a small smile. He nodded and left.

"Is your fist okay?" I asked Adrien. His hand looked swollen and it was bleeding a little bit.

"Yeah..." He said. "Look... I get it if you don't love me back. I've been a jerk for a long time. But I'm telling you this in advance: I'm never going to stop trying to make you love me"

I looked at him and sighed. I always knew that this whole bad boy facade was a disguise. I know the real Adrien: The respectful, pun-loving gentleman who has the ability to make me laugh even when I'm sad. He just doesn't care about loyalty and that bothers me a lot.

"Adrien you're not a jerk. I'm just... confused" A hint of hope appeared in his eyes.

"I understand... We should go join the others, 'kay?" He proposed gently.

I smiled and nodded.

We silently walked together towards the football field. His words kept resonating inside my head like a melody. The bleachers were now empty, and most of the players were gone.