No longer best friends pt. ii

A/N: when you're done reading, please read the message that's at the end of this one-shot. The whole point of me writing this was to elicit a message.
Nicki's POV
Continued...

"Bey, I- I'm just playing, " I said as she tied her hair up. What is she tying her hair up for? She balled her fists and started taking slow steps toward me. I started tearing up because I didn't know what she was about to do. When she got closer, I started full-blown sobbing and backed away farther from her on the bed.

"Nicki, did you mean what you said?" she questioned as she looked at me. Her movement came to a halt when she climbed on my bed.

"N- no," I replied as I shook my head from side to side rapidly. I meant what I said about not wanting to be her best friend anymore, but I wasn't going to tell her that. Maybe I should just text her that we can't be best friends via text message. Nah, that wouldn't be a good idea considering the fact that she knows all my whereabouts.

She looked down at the bedsheets and sighed. Then she looked up at me in the corner of my bed, and my breath hitched because I didn't know what she was about to do. Like I said before, she's scary and unpredictable. Her eyes softened when she saw the frightened look on my face.

I also forgot to mention that she's the reason I'm single. You'd think I'd stop dating after the incident that occurred between me and Meek but no. Every person that tries to make advances at me, she'd threaten them away. Also, if I tried to date anyone or tell her that I find someone attractive, she would catch an attitude with me. One time I tried to text somebody back who was trying to "talk" to me in my DMs, but she shattered my phone and we got into a heated argument. Gosh, I hate being single, but getting rid of her is a hard task right now.

She'd also blow up my phone a lot. Almost every morning, she'd wake me up by sending damn near forty consecutive messages just so she could talk to me. I also thought it was crazy to see that I'm the only person on her contact list. You're not going to believe this, but I'm the only person she's following on Instagram.

  On top of that, ever since I made her my best friend, she cut off all of her friends. She had cut ties with all of her family members, too. She almost fought her cousin because he tried to make a pass at me. She also spends more time with me more than she spends time with other people. I thought it was normal at first, but I'm starting to think otherwise.

She moved a little closer and asked, "Nicki, what's the mat-" she cut herself off as I jumped and tried to back up some more. Her movements also came to a stop as she tried to discern me. She furrowed her eyebrows and said, "Nicki, I'm not going to hurt you." I was about to speak until she mumbled, "...now that I know you were just playing." My eyes got wide as I clasped my mouth shut.

    A few seconds later of us sitting in silence, I finally spoke. "B -bey, I don't feel safe around you," I said as I looked at the fabric of her gray sweatpants. When she didn't speak, I trailed my eyes up, but they stopped at the large dent in her pants. What the hell is that? I know her phone isn't that big. I averted my attention from the dent in her pants, then looked up at her face.

   My breath hitched when I saw her already looking at me with a stoic expression. Her stoic expression changed into a hungry gaze as she started to crawl closer and embrace me into a hug. As she hugged me, she looked me in my eyes and bit her lip. I furrowed my eyebrows because... why did she just do that?