CHAPTER 40:

I woke up with a start, my head bumping the hard stone that I was currently resting on.

"Fuck.." I mumbled, placing my hand on the back of my head and rubbing it. I blinked a couple of times, the sleep in my eyes jostling slightly but not moving. I then groaned and rubbed my eyes, blinking again.

I then looked around the room I was in, I was in the same room as last time. But with some of my stuff clogging up a corner, I should probably start unpacking i-

"Good morning," I heard from beside me, I then almost fell out of the bed. My head whipped around towards the voice, and it belonged to Dave. Visions flooded my eyes and I instantly closed them.

"Dude this isn't fucking Twilight or some shit," I yelled, messily grabbing at my one blanket and protectively pulling it up to my chest on instinct.

"I knew she wouldn't like this stupid ass idea Strider," I heard a grouchy voice say from behind him, I then sighed in frustration.

"Karkat, you too? Why the fuck are you even her-"

"He pulled me along with him, he seemed pretty fucking nervous if you asked me." He emphasised the word nervous, my eyebrows furrowed.

"Ok, you know that you aren't exactly in my good books at the current moment. So why the fuck are you here," I asked, my voice dripping venom.

"I wanted to check on you, make sure you didn't get killed during the night."

"That's not an adequate excuse for you perving on me in my sleep,"

"I was NOT perving,"

"Were too,"

"Were not,"

"You were fucking leaning over me like the weirdo you are, how am I even friends with you."

"For a fact I was NOT leaning over yo-"

"OK GUYS, STOP FUCKING FIGHTING JEGUS SHIT." Karkat yelled, seemingly closer than before. I opened my eyes for a second to see that Karkat was now standing in between us.

I opened my eyes fully and looked at him, baring my teeth at him too.

"Why the shit are you here, don't you have fucking school?" I asked, Karkat then glared at me.

"We do have school, we're just skipping it because off jizz-face Strider here." He hissed, his head whipping around to face Dave.

"Go the fuck to school, you need a bloody education." I said, Karkat then sighed.

"Ok, we'll fucking leave. Right Strider?" His teeth gritted at the mention of 'Strider'.

"Ok, fine. I just wanted to check on my dearest strawberry sundae, (F/n) (L/n)."

"Shut up Strider, I was never your strawberry sundae."

"Oh please, you were in love with me."

"Know the difference between were and are,"

"You're not denying it,"

"Since when do I deny?"

Honk.

"ALRIGHT DAVE WE'RE LEAVING RIGHT NOW!" Karkat butted in before Dave could retaliate, Dave then sighed.

He got up and stood next to Karkat, and then they zapped away.

"He, is SUCH a tool!" I whispered to myself, placing my face in my palms.

"Why do I even put up with him?.." I whispered again, my palms dragging down my face.

Honk.