✿ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ ✿

Start from the beginning

"Hey, it's okay," I whisper, holding up my hands to show that they're empty.

"No, no it's not!" She whispers, but she's still much louder than it should be. "You're the freak girl." She straightens up, looking me up and down as if scanning me. The fear has left her face and has been replaced with something that's definitely not friendly.

"What?" I take a step back from her in shock, and her lips crack into some sort of smile. It's probably meant to be kind or friendly, but I can't help but feel like she's hiding some hatred behind it. She places a hand on her hip.

"You don't know, do you?" She takes a step closer to me, pushing me out from behind Steve's back. She's wearing heels, and my heeled leather boots barely count as heels so it feels like she towers over me. "Ever since you traveled to Avalon with Representative Perla people could tell you're different. They know you're not normal. Freak girl." She smirks at me, shaking her head. I look up into her dark brown eyes, and it's like I can't move. Is that how these people see me as? A freak?

"Back off," I whisper. She stays still, moving her other hand onto her hip.

"Make me." I tilt my head at her, blocking out the yelling that's going on between Brittany and the boys. I shrug at her.

"Alright." I shove her backwards. She shouldn't have gone far, but she trips over her heels, stumbling until she reaches one of the blue chairs of the amphitheater. Did I really push her that hard? Thankfully the chairs are built into the wooden foundation of the floor, so it's not the chair that falls, it's the girl. I glare at her, hoping she'll stay down. She may be rude, but I don't want her to get killed. I still need to stall for Richard and Steve, who have paused whatever they were talking about with Brittany to look at what I've done to the girl. This is my chance.

"Hey, you!" I shove past Steve and Richard, walking up to Brittany and wrapping my hand around my necklace for extra protection. "What do you really want?" The girl sighs, laughing at me.

"How many times do I have to say it? I want your necklace! The Gem!" Her voice sounds a lot like Gwen's voice. A mix between a British accent and an Australian accent. Everyone's voice here sounds like a different degree of royalty, and despite being with the Gloaming, Brittany still sounds as regal as Gwen. "Just give me the Gem," she repeats, scowling at me

"Why?" I question. "If you really wanted this Gem, you probably would've tried harder to take it by now." I feel a hand wrapping around my free arm but I shake it off, grabbing my necklace with two hands now. "Is it really what you're here for? Why do you want the Gem?"

"Why do you want it?"

"Same reasons as you."

"But you don't know my reasons."

"How do you know that?"

"What? Just, just give me the Gem!"

"You didn't say please."

"I don't need to." She thrusts out her hands in the same way Steve did, and suddenly I can't breathe. I move my hands to my neck, as if I'll be able to take away the invisible hands cutting off my air. I'm being lifted off the ground too, kicking my legs even though it's not doing anything. I'm forced through the air, my back hitting Steve and Richard's shoulders before I slam into the edge of the stage. It cuts into my back and I yell, my body feeling as if I'm being crushed underneath a large weight.

"Let her go!" I can't tell if it's Richard or Steve who screams the words, but either way I drop to the floor, coughing and gasping as I take in fresh air. I end up spitting on the ground next to me, crawling back in Brittany's direction. When I finally have enough air to focus on something other than breathing I see Steve and Brittany, fighting up in the air above the chairs as if with invisible ropes and spears. For some reason it looks like Steve is dodging Brittany's attacks though, relenting and trying to communicate with her.