27- The Fall

Written 11/24/20

The titan looked over the wall, peering down at the citizens below. (Y/N) felt as if it was looking at her. Her in particular. This titan didn't look like the normal titans she had killed so many of. This titan looked as if it were conscious of the situation and and only muscle and bone. No skin apparent to her. The titan broke eye contact and so did she. She looked down to look at the kids beside her. Their faces showed they were afraid, horrified, anxious and more. (Y/N) then looked to the outer gate. In a blink of an eye, it was destroyed and debris was sent flying all over Shiganshina, some large, some small. (Y/N) saw a few of the small rocks coming their way and she put herself in front of the children. The rocks scraped (Y/N)'s face and arms, drawing blood. She heard the cries of everyone around her. Some citizens were hopelessly crushed by the large stones. One big rock came flying and hit (Y/N)'s right arm, letting out a loud crack. Presumably breaking it. (That's probably not how things work but oh well.)

"Miss!" They all cried.

When the barrage of rocks halted, (Y/N) turned around to see if there really was a breach. Sure enough, a large hole was in place of what was the gate. Wind blew through the large hole, blowing dust and dirt all around. She saw one titan enter through the hole, then another, then another. Titans were invading Shiganshina.

    Crap. The titans are inside! How many people will die? (Y/N) turned around and to her dismay, the kids were gone. She remembered Eren's house was near the gate where the breach was. She concluded him and Mikasa hurried to their house and Armin must have fled to the rescue boats.

But she did not have time to worry about those kids right now. Currently, many people have probably already been devoured. (Y/N) reckoned thousands would be consumed today. Well, at least she could minimize the numbers as much as she could.

Pulling out her ODM device, she jammed them into her blade stock, pulling out fresh sharp blades. She flung herself towards the breach. There were already about fifteen titans inside the wall, all looking for prey. She hurried to get to the titans faster. The wall would have the most titans and if they got further in, the garrison regiment should deal with it. She is a scout. Scouts go to the most dangerous areas. The steel hooks gripped the buildings tightly, then to be released. (Y/N) was in the air when she spotted a titan almost below her, reaching for one of the running citizens in the crowd. She used her gas to fall quicker and slice the titan's nape before it could eat anyone. As she flew through the ruined and already bloodstained streets of Shiganshina, she saw three figures right outside the hole.

    What the... Are there people out there? Judging by their size... They look like children! She had to go see if she was correct.

She evaded titans as she was quickly approaching the three figures. They were all huddled together when a titan had emerged from a corner, reaching for one of them. She saw their terrified faces. She quickly sliced the nape, ignoring the pain that shot through her probably broken arm.

After she saved the three, she looked down to see their faces. Two were male and one was female, all three were extremely close in age. One of the males relatively short black hair, and he has green eyes. He was very tall and also had a noticeable nose which she felt she had seen before. He also had strange marks on his face that looked like scratches or something. The other male had short blond hair, muscular, broad shoulders, and had slitted eyes. The female had blond hair as well, but it was long and tied up in a weird ponytail and some of her hair draping over her face. Even though she was small, she looked very muscular.

"What are you three brats-Erm...Kids doing outside the walls? And at a time like this, too?" (Y/N) asked. They didn't answer. She sighed. "Well, I'll find out later. For now, let's get you to the boats."