61- The Grave Choice

Written: 3/12-14/21

Published: 4/29/21

(I didn't know editing the whole chapter got rid of all the comments. 😔 I'm sorry. I've probably deleted 100+ comments.)

(Also, y'all know where I can read the AOT manga? I can't find it anywhere...)

      "Hey." A voice called out. It called to a young, blond. The boy had just faced the punishment of having a dream for freedom inside the walls. The bullies were walking away, proud of their latest beating job. "Why don't you ever fight back?"

     The blond looked up, tear-stricken face. There was a boy his age with brown hair and teal eyes. A red scarf was comfortably wrapped around his neck. He was peeking from around a corner, looking quite shady. "Huh?"

      "That's why they treat you like that." The boy added. "Do you want to keep losing forever?" He waited for the blond to respond. He lazily yet carefully eyed the blond.

     The blond looked away. "I... I'm not losing..." He told. The brunette raised his brow and made noises of disagreement and question. "Because... I'm not running away."

      The brunette came out from behind the corner. "Hey... What's your name?"

~~~~~

      Eren was in shock. HIs long-time best friend was to his side, laying on his back. The body burned badly. Eren hesitantly looked at Armin's face. There was no hair and no skin left that wasn't charred. His teeth were shown, no lips left to cover them. Eren kneeled down beside him.

     "I should've know this would happen..." He shakily muttered. "But... All I could do was depend on you... It's all thanks to you that we were able to capture him... Armin... Why don't you ever... run away?" Tears threatened to fall down his cheeks.

     BOOM

     Eren whipped his head to see where the crash came from. Climbing up the side of a far away house was the quadruped carrying two figures tied to boxes. One had blond hair and the other...

     "Y/n!?" Eren exclaimed. "And a titan?!" The cart titan jumped off the building, breaking the roof. It started making its way to him. "Crap!" He dove towards Bertholdt and grabbed him. He put his blade to the male's neck by the time the cart titan got to him. "Don't even think about taking another step! If it means keeping him out of your hands... I'll kill him... Give Y/n back!"

     "Are you..." The curly blond spoke. "Eren Jaeger?"

      Y/n spotted the charred body. Who is that?

     Eren clenched his grip on the blade tighter. He dug the blade further into Bertholdt's neck, blood spurting out.

     "You don't look anything like your father."

     Eren froze. "What..?"

     "You have to believe me. I know what you're going through. We're both victims of your father. He's brainwashed you."

     "M-My father..?!" Eren asked. What is he talking about?

     Suddenly, a figure appeared on the wall. Y/n looked up from her sitting position. Earlier, they had stopped and she was tied to the barrel along with Zeke. He looked up as well. They had tons of blood on their face and steam from behind the wall erupted into the sky behind the figure. Y/n smiled relievedly.

      "What?!" Zeke yelled. "There's no way! He chased us all the way here..? What a monster..."

Y/n whipped her head at the curly haired blond. "This is my big bro!" She yelled. "Don't underestimate him!"