39- Being Grounded (not a oneshot, actual chapter)

Written: 1/1/21

Published: 1/2/21 🙃 I'm older now

I didn't have a picture so here you go.

Y/n galloped her horse as fast as she could. She sensed her brother beside her. She was glad he stuck by her side despite her impulsiveness in the moment. They rode over a hill. As they rode down the decline, the wall came in sight. Several titans were trying the wall. However, they couldn't because there was an extremely large boulder blocking their path. What the heck happened here?! She thought. Y/n and Levi were now in front of the wall. A yellow flare had been shot, indicating a mission had been completed. The sky above the Trost District was filled with colored gas, several flares had been shot in the past few hours. But why in Trost? What kind of mission were they commencing inside a wall?

Y/n didn't wait. She shot her wires as far as she could into the wall. She reeled herself in, letting go before she got to the end, propelling herself upwards. The girl repeated those actions until she got to the top of the wall. She stood on top of the gate. Across the wall, she saw a large abundance of incoherent figures. Y/n looked beneath the gate and saw three people down there. through the steam that rose in her face. She then spotted two titans reaching out for them.

In an instant, Y/n was falling down, drawing her blades back, ready to strike. She swooped in from the side and cut both of them in one move. The titans collapsed backward (so they didn't crush the people) and fell on each other.

"Mikasa?" A familiar voice called out. They looked beside them and saw Mikasa. "Huh?"

Y/n landed, her back facing them, on the titan bunch. The wind lifted her cape up and down, left and right. Y/n felt the three's stares on her. They couldn't see who she was through the steam the titan corpses were producing, but she knew who they were based on the voices. She turned her head to look at the three.

I look so cool right now! She thought to herself.

"Hey. You brats. What's the situation here?" She questioned. The three remained silent. She turned completely towards them. "Oi, answer me!" The steam cleared. Their eyes widened when they saw who it was.

"Y/n..." Eren said as he slowly faded out of consciousness.

"Eren!" Y/n exclaimed. She jumped down and checked if he was alright. He was very hot. (Temperature, lol) He had some familiar...scratch marks on his face. I've seen those before... Where was it? Argh... Whatever, it's not important right now. Y/n thought.

Suddenly, a jolt of pain surged through her stomach. She winced and cried out, dropped Eren's head. She caught herself with her elbow as she groaned. Another figure came swooping down and landed right next to her. She looked up. She looked down at her stomach. "Great..." She mumbled. "My stupid brother is here..."

"Oi." Her brother said. "Looks like your wound opened up. So you won't be fighting any more titans today."

Y/n glared at her brother with clenched his teeth. "Oh, whatever, Levi! I'm fine! I can fight them! Those garrison engineers are probably gonna die if you and I don't do anything."

"Shut up!" Levi shouted back. " I can do it on my own fine. You have to rest! I'll knock you out if you don't listen to me!" He told her.

"Pfft!" She laughed. "Try it!" She yelled. Levi raised a brow. He lifted his leg. Y/n's eyes widened. She barely dodged his forceful kick. She yelped in fear. She looked up at her brother and he had an impatient scowl on his face. He lifted his leg again. Y/n reacted quickly. She instantly was on her feet and used her gas and wires to run away.