2- Converse

Published 11/19/20

     That night, the both of them forced themselves to stay awake until they knew 100% their mother went to sleep. When they saw the lights turn off, they waited about ten minutes. They crept out of bed and peeked in their mother's room for good measure. They sneaked outside, the cold stone ridding their little feet of any warmth they once had. They sat on the ledge, feet dangling over the side. A cold breeze that no one knows where it came from blew by. Both were staring at the ceiling of the Underground. Unconsciously, they were holding hands and thinking about what the stars looked like. Looking at the rocky ceiling with several long stalactites hanging down was enough to make anyone feel hopeless and depressed. But not these two kids.

     "Those MP's are pretty lazy and dumb," (Y/N) laughed, "I bet that will make things easy."

     "Yeah. But..." He paused, deep in thought, "If we make a mistake, we are at a clear disadvantage when it comes to size, strength and... hey, do you think those guys are fast?" He asked. He knew if the MPs were slow, the two of them could make up for size and strength with speed. Wits would also be nice.

     (Y/N) let out a "hmm". Using her other hand, she put it to her chin making a confused expression that Levi was amused at.

     "I've looked at their forms. They typically spend roughly about two years in hard training correct?" Levi grunted in affirmation. "I wouldn't hesitate to say that they have probably been slacking on pretty much everything; including running. We could probably outrun them given a head-start or something like that."

     "Yeah. Nice observation skills." He turned towards (Y/N) and ruffled her hair. She laughed and he shushed her, a hint of a smile appearing on his face. "Shut up, you little dummy." He said playfully.

     "Hm... Levi." Y/n outspoke.

     He looked at her. "What is it?"

     "Mama said I should go live on the surface with the one. Who's the one?"

     Levi's mouth twisted. "She's talking about................. a boy."

    "Like you?"

     "No, a boy you can marry and have kids with..." Levi told. Y/n cocked her head. He suddenly threw his hands sideways. "But I wanna hear about it before you go picking someone!"

     "What are you talking about?"

     "Huh?"

     "Oh... it's getting late." She said. Unsure of what she said since there is no moon or sun in the underground.

     "Don't just change the subject... But true, it's already late. But no matter. Come on." He got up and stood as he waited for (Y/N) to get down. She hopped off. Levi gently grabbed her hand and they went back to bed, confident they had been secretive and sneaky.

     The next day, Kuchel informed her two children that a visitor would be coming over. They both cocked their heads at the sudden announcement, but nodded nonetheless. Less than a hour later, the mysterious said visitor arrived.

     Kuchel opened the door, the two kids watching from around a corner.

     The newcomer was a man. An adult. He looked their mother's age. He stood quite tall and he wore a long jacket with a strange hat. In addition, he had longish greasy (?) looking hair. He caught the gazes of the two kids and stared back at them menacingly. His sharp gaze sent chills up the young girl's spine. When the "sneaky" duo noticed their cover was blown, they shuffled back around the corner. Kuchel noticed the actions between the three.

     "Could you go to your room? Kenny- erm... this nice man and I have things we need to talk about in private." She asked, smiling but there was sadness evident behind it.

     The children nodded and went to their room.

Levi and (Y/N) POV

     "What do you think mother is talking about big bro?"

      (Y/N) asked, sitting on the ground.

      Levi stared at her and the ground at the same time, not answering, and still standing. A disgusted countenance lay settled on his face. His mouth was twisted.

      (Y/N) knew what he was thinking. "Big bro, we cleaned last night, remember? The floor is clean. Probably spotless." (Y/N) swore he does this every time they would conversate.

     Levi internally scoffed. Things can get dirty fast you know... he thought. Especially down here. Nonetheless, he still walked over and sat across from (Y/N), facing her. "I'm sure you caught mother's expression. It probably has something to do with us..." Levi replied, looking aimlessly at the ground, his legs pulled up to his chest.

      "Don't you kind of think he looks a bit like mother? I'll bet on it. If he is in someway related to her, I get to punch you. If not, you get to punch me." (Y/N) smiled. There is no way they are not related... she thought.

     "Hm. I oblige." Levi replied. With any other girl, he may not have, or at least hesitated, to oblige to the results of punching. But, since it was his sister, he could care less about chivalry or being a gentleman. Who had time to be a gentleman in a place so crime-ridden? Besides, this was his boyish sister. That's just how the two Ackermanns siblings had learned and fought.

Game on.

Kuchel and the man's POV

     "Kuchel, you shouldn't keep those kids. With your job... it could be dangerous." The man said.

      They sat in the room with meager space. It still served well though. (Anyone see what I did?)

     "They need me, and I would not have it any other way." Kuchel replied. "They're probably my one joy."

      The man sighed.

     "Kenny, give them a chance." Kuchel asked. "You may even be surprised to find yourself with some of your own!" She smiled.

      The man named Kenny looked surprised. "Nah. I promise I won't ever have children. And if you're asking for a father figure, sorry. I won't oblige. That's not what I'm meant for." Kenny replied.

     "Oh no, that's not what I had in mind." Kuchel laughed off his little misinterpretation of her words. Kenny sighed in relief. "But..." She continued. Kenny looked up in question. "If something happens, I request you at least raise them as much as possible." She looked at him with teary eyes.

     There couldn't possibly be something wrong with her could there? Kenny thought. "Well... fine." He sighed. She's fine. She's in good health. She'll raise them. She'll take care of them. There won't be a need to raise them myself. There won't be a need to have them depend on me. He thought. I can at least make this promise since I won't need to keep it.

      Wrong.

The 5th Ackermannजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें