9 - Is It Too Late?

Start from the beginning

"You don't care that he's kissing someone else?"

"Why would I? She's not even that pretty" I frowned. The blonde girl was about to retort, but her back straightened out.

"Shit, Luka's coming over here... Will you be okay?"

"Yeah, yeah..." I reassured her.

After our unsuccessful date, Luka texted me like a hundred times to explain the texts I saw on his phone. He said that it was all a misunderstanding...

"Hey, Mari..." Luka said hesitantly.

"Hey..." I replied shyly, and Chloe gave us some privacy.

"Look... I don't want you to ever think that you were some kind of dare or challenge. These texts were very misleading..." He explained with sad eyes.

I raised my brows and nodded, indicating him to go on.

"The thing is... I've liked you for a very long time, and my friends keep teasing me about it. They're the ones who encouraged me to ask you out on a date..."

"All right, Luka... I'm sorry. I tend to jump to conclusions too fast, and I didn't treat you fairly" I apologized.

His gorgeous blue eyes lit up at my words.

"Does that mean that you'll give me a second chance?"

Suddenly, my thoughts wandered to a certain model. My gaze left Luka and searched for Adrien. He was already looking in our direction with angry eyes and a clenched jaw. The girls were still clinging onto him, and I sighed.

Luka lifted my chin and our blue eyes locked once again "He's a playboy, Mari. I know that he's your friend, but that doesn't change the fact that he fucks every girl who shows interest in him. And he never cares about them"

His words felt like venom. Why am I getting sad over Adrien? It's not like I have feelings for him... We just randomly flirt together, but it's always been a competitive friendly thing... right?

"Okay, Luka. I'll give you a second chance" I sighed and smiled at him.

He smiled back and pulled me into a hug. It reminded me of the hug I gave Adrien the night we slept together...

"Wanna meet my team?" Luka proposed with a smirk. I looked behind him and spotted the Blue Vipers smiling at us like idiots.

"Mmm.. I don't think so. They're kinda the enemies, you know?... Go Black Cats!" I teased.

"Fair enough..."

He took my hand and kissed it, which made me giggle.

"Marinette, come on!" I heard someone yell behind me. The Black Cats and cheerleaders were heading towards the field.

"Better get going..." I kissed him on the cheek.

I ran to my cheerleaders and they all beamed at me.

"Sooo... I'm guessing you and Luka made up?" Chloe asked and nudged my elbow playfully.

"Yeah..." I whispered with a fake smile.

"...Then why do you look so sad?"

My eyes trailed back to Adrien. Luka was right... He's never going to change. I'd be an idiot to think that I could actually make him care about me.

Adrien's POV

Idiot, idiot, idiot, idiot...

Why on earth would I kiss this girl?! Actually, that's a rhetorical question. I wanted to make her jealous...