~chapter twenty-seven~

[ San ]

The plane ride to Korea was hell but I'm glad we reached the destination soon. I could not stand being near Jung Wooyoung.

I was thinking about what happened to Seonghwa, Hongjoong and Mingi, whether they were arrested already or if they were in hiding.

The police officers were taking me straight to put me in jail without going through a court trial. I don't think I deserve one, for all these things I've done, I really deserve going to jail.

As we reach the entrance, I see Seonghwa sobbing as Hongjoong and Mingi were handcuffed by officers. My heart drops at this sight. I can see the amount of disappointment in Seonghwa's eyes when he sees me and I hate myself a lot for that.

He walks towards me and the first thing he does is engulf me in a hug. A goodbye hug is something I definitely needed right now.

" I'm sorry hyung, I tried my best. ", I say, hanging my head low.

" No, it's okay. I'll wait for you. Just be careful and take care of yourself. I'm gonna miss you so much, San. ", he replies with tearful eyes.

" I'm gonna miss you too. ", I tell him, smiling a little, assuring him that I will be back soon.

Hongjoong and Mingi just gave me a reassuring smile that they're gonna stay by my side throughout the time we're together in jail.

Hongjoong, Mingi and I enter inside the jail, removing and giving away all of our belongings to Seonghwa to safe guard, hoping that we would get it back someday. My brother bids us goodbye with a heavy heart as the doors of the jail closed behind us.

We quickly wear the clothing given to us and enter the cells we were assigned to.

This is not the first time I've been to jail. I went to a juvenile when I was sixteen when the police found me smoking pot in an alley.

...

[ Wooyoung ]

" What the hell did you do? ", Yeonjun asks, slamming the burnt papers on my office desk.

" I-I did what I had to. ", I respond, trying to avoid eye-contact with him.

" You don't owe him, Woo. You did your job, that's it. ", he says, resting his hand on my shoulder.

" I know but for all the horrible things I did to him, this is the least I could do to make it up to him."

" By burning his fucking records? You burnt not only his records but his partners, Mingi and Hongjoong's as well. What were you even thinking?! ", Yeonjun retorts, glaring right at me.

" I-I'm sorry. ", I reply, tears forming in my eyes.

" Look, all I can do is cover this up but I cannot let you stay in this job. Understand? "

" I understand. "

...

[ San ]

I would be lying if I said I liked my life in jail. It's utter chaos. Group fights, smelly food and unclean premises were the main things jail consisted of.

It's been five months now since I got into jail and I have more than nine years left in this hell-hole. I cannot wait to get out of here and enjoy living my life to the fullest.

Sometimes, Hongjoong, Mingi and I would enjoy the group fights and maybe participate in a few of them but we did so in a rare basis. I liked the feeling of getting punched right in the face and the feeling of numbness that followed.

There were some positive things about jail. I learnt a few tricks, the people taught me many things, for example, a few stealing tricks, etc.

It was a regular day for me when I hear the guard approach me and tell me that I had a visitor. I haven't had a visitor in weeks, because the only person who would visit me is Seonghwa but he's now located in Texas, all occupied with his new business which has been going on successfully.

Curiosity taking over me, I am accompanied by the guard to the visitor's area to face someone I thought I would never see again.

It was him.

Wooyoung.

It's been five months since I've seen him and he looks breathtakingly beautiful.

He was dressed in a simple white shirt with ripped blue jeans.

He sits down near the phone area where we can communicate.

" Hi, San. It's been a while, how have you been? ", Wooyoung asks with a concerned tone.

" I'm doing fine. ", I reply.

" I'm gonna cut to the chase and tell you that your sentence was supposed to be twenty years but I burnt your previous records with Hongjoong's and Mingi's. They can get out in five years and I tried reducing your sentence further, but I was caught by Yeonjun. ", Wooyoung says, " I am no longer a police officer. I did all this so that you would at least consider forgiving me. ", he says, with keen eyes.

It looks like he's not been sleeping well lately. There were dark circles under his eyes and he looked tired.

" I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon. I can't forgive you that easily. ", I respond.

" I know you won't forgive me, I'm here to just clear things up with you. I don't wanna ask anything in return. ", he says, sighing deeply.

There was some depressing silence for a period of time until I decided to speak again.

" Did you ever love me? "

" Of course, I did. ", he says, " I still do. "

I remained quiet for a while but Wooyoung mutters his final words.

"I'm so sorry. "

The guard then says my time is up. I immediately stand up to leave when I take one last look at him when a single tear falls from his face.

...

A/N ( _sunxwoo_):

This is the last chapter I'm gonna write for this book. The next chapter is gonna be the epilogue💀