~chapter nineteen~

[ Yunho ]

Junior Year

It was my first day of junior year. I had transferred to a different school because my parents wanted me to get bigger opportunities when I join a university. Yeah, they got big dreams for me but I just wanted to be lowkey.

I dress up neatly in a formal shirt topping it off with a woollen sweater and beige-coloured pants.

I eat my breakfast and I rush to school. The school premises was humongous. I never imagined studying in such a prestigious school.

I find my classroom, it was supposedly in the third floor. I take the stairs and rush to my class.

The teacher was taking attendance. I walk up to him and I apologize for being late to class. He says it's okay and allows me to introduce myself to my classmates.

" Hello everyone. I'm Jeong Yunho! It's nice to meet you all! ", I say, smiling widely at everyone seated in front of me.

The teacher gestures me to go to the empty seat next to the red haired boy sitting near the window.

I walk slowly towards the seat and the boy scoots a little to the side to provide me some space. I thank him for letting me sit beside him and he smiles at me in return.

He was dressed in a black hoodie and some baggy jeans, his hair was in a mess and he didn't seem to care about what was going on in class.

Being a studious student, I start unpacking my bag, taking out my books and pay attention to the class while the boy sitting beside me continued to stare outside the window. I wondered what was so interesting out there that he couldn't stop staring.

The teacher notices that the boy was not paying attention and asks him to answer a question.

" Mingi, when did the first world war take place? "

" 28th July, 1914. "

Wow. The answer was right. I cannot believe that he knew the answer. I thought that he was not paying attention. Out of curiosity, I ask him how he knew the answer.

"Hey, how did you know the answer? I thought you were not paying attention. ", I question him, trying to gain his attention towards me.

" I saw the answer from your book. ", he replies, grinning from ear to ear.

I try to contain my laughter. He literally saw the answer from my book, no wonder his face portrayed such strong confidence.

" Why are you laughing. ", he asks, displaying a confused look.

" It sounds so ridiculous. I'm sorry. " I continue laughing at him.

He starts laughing all of a sudden with me. We both laugh together seated in the corner of the classroom, disrupting the entire class. That action of ours resulted to one hour of detention.

There was no one to watch over the students during detention. It was basically just the students by themselves. So I find a seat next to the boy I sat next to in class.

" Hey. I just realised you didn't introduce yourself. ", I say and Mingi nods in realisation.

" I'm Mingi. Nice to meet you Yunho. Also I'm sorry about making you come to detention with me. ", he says, rubbing the back of his head and shaking my hand.

" That's okay, don't worry. " I reply.

A few students walk into the room interupting my conversation with Mingi. They head straight towards us. There was one small brown haired boy followed by a black haired male.

They dragged a few chairs and sat next to Mingi and me.

" Hey guys. What's up? ", Mingi greets, waving at them.

" Hey, Mingi. Nothing much, we just came here since we both were bored. Wanna get out of here? ", the black haired boy says, pointing at the door.

" Sure. Yunho, you wanna join us? It's fun. ", Mingi asks me, with a keen look on his face.

" Of course, why not? ", I reply, getting up from my seat.

" This is San and this is Hongjoong. ", Mingi says and then points towards me, " Guys. This is Yunho, he's a new student in my class. "

They wave their hands at me and I wave back at them.

" What are we waiting for? Let's go! ", Hongjoong says, sounding excited.

So what if I'm ditching detention to spend time with my supposedly new friends? I'm sure it's all gonna result in something good.

Mingi grabs hold of my hand and drags me out of the room with him and I could feel butterflies in my stomach as we run along the hallways together.

...

A/N _sunxwoo_: Hello, I gave you guys Yungi and Seongjoong! Hope you liked it! Also there's more to Yungi's story but like Michelle being her whiny self told me to continue it later. Y'all can pm me anytime you want if  u wanna be friends.❤
Ciao✌