<><><><><><><><><><>

"May I get a french vanilla iced coffee please? Regular sugar and extra cream," I told the cashier once I arrived at the cafe.

"What size?" she asked, pushing her wavy brown locks out of her face.

"Medi-"

Somebody bumped into me, causing me to stumble and fall down.

"Oh my gosh! He is so sorry! Say you're sorry right now!" a boy who looked about eighteen or nineteen demanded. His British accent was very potent. A smaller boy who looked about seventeen or eighteen sheepishly rubbed his neck and held his hand out to help me to my feet. I stared at his hand, before reluctantly grabbing it.

"Yeah, sorry about that..." he apologized guiltily. He also had a British accent. We're they visiting? Did they live here? Are they brothers? Are they friends? Are they a couple?

"No, no, it's fine!" I responded with a smile. The smaller boy glared at the taller boy.

"Maybe I wouldn't have bumped into him, if you hadn't bumped into me! Fucking idiot!" he mumbled. The taller boy snickered and pulled him away by his arm. What an odd pair. The cashier cleared her throat.

"Sorry about them. They just moved here from London with me. I'm Kip, by the way," she said, holding out her hand. I stared at it for a second, before shaking it quickly. Kip smiled brightly at me. It reminded me of her.

"I'm Christian. May I have that drink in medium, please?"

"Yeah, of course. Is that all?"

I looked at their cookies. Hmm.

"May I have four snickerdoodle cookies to go with that, please?" I asked politely. She nodded her head and tapped something on the iPad.

"Ooookay. That'll be right out for you, Christian."

I smiled and nodded, walking away to sit at a table and wait. I wonder if I'd ever get a job. Maybe I'll work here. I come here a lot anyways. My thoughts were about to take me away, when somebody called for me.

"French vanilla iced coffee and four snickerdoodle cookies for... Christian?"

I got up and retrieved my order, heading out the door. I started walking to school. I was very late, but I'm sure Scott told a teacher or something I wasn't coming. He always did.

"Carson?"

Theo? I turned my head and there he was. He was in his car, driving beside me. He motioned for me to get in, but I shook my head. I couldn't get close to anybody else.

"I'll walk, it's fine," I said, picking up my pace. Of course, he just followed me in his car. Seriously?

"You're going to get sick. It's not very warm outside in the mornings."

"Yeah, I know. I'm fine. You should be at school," I replied. Why isn't he at school?

"You should too, you know," he said. I didn't want to ask, but my curiosity got the best of me.

"Why aren't you at school?" I asked.

"I could ask the same thing."

"Yes, but you didn't. Just tell me, please," I said, looking at him for a split second with a smile. He tsked and shook his head. What? Did I do something wrong? Did I say something wrong? What did I do?

"Sorry..." I muttered. He gave me a confused look, before returning his eyes to the road. I could see the school now. Maybe if I ran...

"Why are you sorr- hey! Wait! Carson, come back!" he yelled after me as I sprinted towards the school and burst through the doors. Third period was just starting and the bell rang. Uh oh. I ran to third period and opened the door. My eyes scanned the room, looking for Scott. When I spotted him, I smiled and made my way towards him.