𝟎𝟐

𝟎𝟐: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

𝟎𝟐: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

𝐍𝐞𝐣𝐢'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰
"Byakugan!" I say out loud while I hide in some bushes. My powerful eyes allow me to see anything, even the things that are going on in [Name]'s house.

I'm shocked, she is getting beat up by her own mother. This is terrible, she is not even fighting back. As if she's used to this.. How can someone live like this? Thoughts flood through my mind. Should I do something? Should I help her? Should I attack?

I quickly decide to make my way to the Hokage's office. I have to advise him! I open the door to find him doing paperwork. "Hokage, Hokage!" I blurt out.

"Neji? What's wrong?" The Hokage looks at me worried. I explain everything that I saw, hoping that he can do something. Instead, a deep sigh fills the room.

"Neji, I can't do anything about this situation." The Hokage says sadly.

"W-why not?" I say angrily.

"Neji, I've gotten multiple reports about this. I've sent multiple social workers to talk to her parents, and even to [Name]. They've reported back unconcerning reports. I can't step in if the social workers are coming back with normal reports. Please, don't mention anything that you saw to the poor girl. You don't want to make her feel worse than she already does. I'm sorry." The Hokage explains sadly.

"But-" I get cut off.

"Look, I also do believe that she is getting domestically abused, but there is no way I can step in. Just run along Neji." The Hokage explains going back to her paperwork. I don't even say a word. I walk out making sure I slam the door behind me.

[𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞]'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰

I fall to the floor after my mother's beating. She didn't give a clear reasoning behind the beating, she just explained she needed to "relieve stress". I'm unable to get up, I slowly pull myself up as I feel another kick in my ribs. "Get up, and get out of my sight." My mother says coldly.

I quietly get up and limp my way to the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror, I'm all bloody with bruises all over my body. I don't know how much more I can live like this. I don't even bother fighting back anymore, what's the point, I'm a burden to everyone.

I step in the shower and let the cold water run all over my body. My parents can't afford hot water so we just stick with cold. I sit in the shower pondering, which feels like hours. I hear the door bang countless of times, but I don't bother responding.

I get out and dry myself off. I open the door and find my mother waiting with a beer bottle in her hands. I hear her screaming at me but I decide to block her words out, I completely ignore her. As I turn around to face away from her, I feel a sharp pain on my head. She smashed the beer bottle against me.