𝟐𝟖

𝟐𝟖: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙗𝙚 [𝙉𝙖𝙢𝙚]'𝙨 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙢𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧.

The connection you had with your grandmother was something extraordinary. She meant everything to you, she was everything you could ever ask for.

Your grandparents were two amazing jonins that were feared by many. The Hokage during their time was honored to have such great jonin in his village.

All of that soon came to an end when you and mother found your grandfather dead on his couch.

Even as a small child, you had to see how your grandfather's body pooled with blood as he laid lifeless in his living room.

You had to watch as your mother screamed on the floor, with tears streaming down her face. You stood there watching the scene emotionless, not knowing how to react, as expected from a small child.

Your mother cried in the same spot for what felt like hours, mourning the death of her father. Your mother tried to think of how to tell your poor grandmother who was off buying groceries.

Sadly, the worst did happen when your mother told your grandmother. She swore to kill whoever murdered your grandfather.

However, things got much worse for her, Grandfather meant a lot to her. You watched how at late nights mother would drink several beers, and how this addiction kept growing.

Slowly, she started beginning to ignore you and started ignoring father. She slowly forgot to cook dinner, slowly forgot to give any attention to you at all.

You even crept up on your passed-out mother once, with countless bottles around her.

"Mother?" Was all that could escape your lips as you gave her a small shake.

She woke up abruptly swinging the glass alcohol bottle at you. The bottle shattered all over your face, and her eyes widen. You were only a child after all...

"[Name]!" Mother brushed off broken glass off your face as you softly cried.

"Wash your face off, I will be in your room to help you later, now go." She softly pushes you in the direction of your room.

Sadly, mother didn't go to your room later that night, she passed out once again. She was so drunk that she couldn't even remember to go back to your room to help you clean up.

You went to sleep starving that night, and your face burning as glass engraved your face. Your father was nowhere in sight, he was always gone at night and didn't return until the morning, he was always "working".

Your grandmother was your comfort, the person you needed the most during this lonely time of your life.

Grandmother would take you to her home and gave you all the love that mother never gave. She even tried to help mother with her addiction issues, but mother only lashed out at her.

This time of your life was the most difficult process you had to go through. As a couple of years continued, you slowly realized how great the issues in your family are.

You watched how father brought home different women to your house when mother wasn't home, he knew that you wouldn't say anything at all. Mother was only a drunk who couldn't remember anything.

On your 10th birthday, grandmother decided to take you. She took you to the most beautiful field, and you two enjoyed each other's company. You guys ate food, watched the sun slowly set over Konoha, and she even read you some of her poetry.

Your delightful birthday came to a quick end as the night ended. Out of nowhere, grandmother became unbelievably quiet.

"Grandmother?"

The night got too dark, you looked up and something was covering the moon to make it seem pitch black. What kind of Jutsu?

You could feel how panic filled your body. Out of nowhere, you feel about 10 different shinobis attack your grandmother at once.

You watch in shock as you have trouble seeing her fighting all of them off. Abruptly, you feel how someone grabs your wrists dragging you to the depth of the woods.

"Help me!" You cry out as you are left defenseless against the enemy ninja.

After a couple of sounds of knives hitting each other, someone falls next to you lifeless.

"Grandmother?" You call out blindly.

Grandmother grabs you and wraps her arms around your small body. However something warm spreads across your clothes.

You feel how grandmother remains silent as she holds on to her abdomen. Thick red blood streams down her body, her body reacts to this by coughing up warm blood.

The moon slowly uncovers allowing light to fill the forest floor. You scream loudly as you see the insane amount of blood pouring out of her abdomen.

You squat over her body, as thick streams of tears pour out from your eyes. A warm hand touches your face and wipes away the tears from your eyes.

"It'll be alright, no need to cry." She smiles at your crying expression.

Your arms wrap around her neck, hugging her tightly as sobs escape your lips. The blood from her wound spreads to your clothes, making all your light-colored clothes stain with deep red blood marks.

"I will always be with you, don't give up on life yet, there will be better things coming for you." She says softly over the sound of your sobs.

After that night, everything changed. You came home to mother with your bloody outfit, and this sent her over the edge. She claimed for multiple years that grandmother's death was your fault, and after a while you slowly believed it too.

This was when mother began to hit you, neglect you, and refuse to feed you. She strongly believed that you were to blame for her parent's death.

Unfortunately, mother's addiction only got much worse. She abused alcohol every day, her addiction was nonstop. You even caught her injecting serval other drugs in her veins.

As a naive ten year old, you felt bad for your mother. Her life was in shambles, and the only way she found comfort was by drinking the night away or drugging herself.

Even on the nights that you found her passed out on the couch, you couldn't help but wrap a blanket around her sleeping body.

Even with all the beatings, she put you through, all the neglect, all the starvation, you still loved your mother, and you understood her pain.

But in the end, grandmother was right. Life does get better. When you first saw Neji after all those years of being separated, you felt how your heart stopped. You never felt a feeling like the one that you felt when you saw him after those years. You felt how your world stopped spinning when you looked at his lavender eyes. Time stopped and everything slowed down. That was when you realized the Hyūga was everything that you ever needed.

-

𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞, 𝐢𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 [𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞]'𝐬 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥! 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧!