𝟎𝟏

"𝙋𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙤𝙣 𝙛𝙖𝙩𝙚, 𝘿𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝

         "𝙋𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙤𝙣 𝙛𝙖𝙩𝙚, 𝘿𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝."

01: 𝐋𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫

𝘐𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘴 = 𝘛𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴
I step foot out of my small room and peer around my house. It's morning in Konoha and the day seems to be perfect, besides my parents passed out on the couch. I'm not surprised because they spent their whole night drinking and partying. I'm tired of it, tired of waking up and finding them hungover, and tired of them neglecting me. When will I leave and actually find a better life?

My parents completely forgot about me, and they never pay any attention to me. They seem to forget to feed me too, which explains my ribs showing and my constant dizziness. Each day, my parents yell at me on how I mean nothing to them and how much they'd be better off without me. They would buy me food and fix up our house if they weren't so busy buying alcohol. All I desire is for someone to love me in this world, someone who would actually appreciate my existence.

I grab the last apple on the counter and head out the door. Months ago, I begged my parents to allow me to enroll in the Ninja Academy but they wouldn't let me. But today is my lucky day, they finally allowed me after months of begging. Even though, classes started weeks ago they surprisingly let me join. To make things worse, I'm already 20 minutes late.

I quickly walk my way to the academy while eating my apple, I'm nervous but hopefully this will be the beginning of something new. I finally made it to the academy, it's much bigger than I imagined. I open the door and walk in, the classroom is silent while everyone is looking at me. I stare back at the class nervously. The Sensei peered at me and kindly said, "Welcome new student, you're running a little late but I've heard a great deal about you. Please introduce yourself." I look to the class and shyly speak, "Hello, my name is [Name]".

Mumbles fill the classroom and I start overthinking, like I always do. Are they talking about me, they must be saying bad things about me! They're all looking at me! I can feel my face heat up, and I look down to my feet.

I feel the Sensei lightly grab my shoulder. "No need to get flustered [Name], due to the weeks that you've missed, I've assigned someone to help you. He is one of our most promising students and I hope that you guys will get along."

I look up to the Sensei and I find him pointing to this boy who has long dark hair and lavender eyes. I see him glaring at me, with an expressionless face. Even his stare intimidates me, I hear the Sensei speak over the noisy class, "That will be the student I've appointed to you, his name is Neji Hyūga."

I've heard about the famous Hyūga clan before, but I've never met a member in my life. I've heard about their extraordinary kekkei genkai, the byakugan. The byakugan is one of the most powerful and most feared kekkei genkai and has very incredible abilities.