034: love letters

Ana's pov.
"Um.. Hi Alexander" I said, not making eye contact with him.

"You look good, you always look good" Alex smiles.

"Yeah, I guess that's why I have a boyfriend" I laugh nervously.

"Ana, maybe we shou-"

"Speaking of which, I should probably go try to move him so I can fit on my bed if I want any sleep tonight".

"Oh, you me- Shawn! My sister told me about him"

"Yes I certainly did, I most definitely did not keep it from him in an attempt to not hurt his feelings. He most certainly did not just find out!" Carmen said loudly in a robotic voice with no emotion, like she does when she's lying.

"Babe?" Shawn said in a raspy, barely audible voice from behind me.

"Hi sweets, Carmen is here".

"Hi Carmen" he yawned.

"And this is her brother, Alex"

"Hi Alex" he yawned again.

"Hello Shawn, nice to meet you" Alex smiled.

"Yeah same" Shawn said as he rubbed his tired eyes.

"Well.. I'm- I'm terribly tired" I fake yawned. "And poor Shawn is about to fall over, so goodnight".

"Goodnight" Shawn yawned, again.

"Goodnight weirdos" Carmen smiled.

"What she said" Alex smiled too.

They left and for the next 10 minutes I was awake all I could think about was Alexander and all the wonderful memories we made together. All the people we helped and all the words we translated using our hands.

Then a memory I didn't even know I had came to my mind as I drifted to sleep.

"Anais, I want you to know that i-if you decide to do this with me. Again, it's all your choice, that I'm not like most guys. I won't tell all my friends and brag and tell them about each of your body parts. I will keep it to myself, I will never tell a soul unless you say it's okay" Alex whispered in my ear.

"I think I want to" I whisper back.

He lifts up from my side and looks me in the eyes.

"Your gorgeous" he smiles.

Suddenly his lips are on mine.

Its not harsh or heated at all, its just sweet and romantic.

It stays sweet for about 5 more minutes, then it get only a little rougher.

Before it gets any rougher, he departs our lips and attaches his to my neck.

"Stop" I whisper.

He stops before I'm even done saying the word and brushes a piece of hair out of my face.

"I'm sorry" I frown.

"Don't be sorry, it's your choice" he smiles. "We can do something else".

"I have homework" I sigh.

"Lets do that" he shrugged.

He gets my bookbag from the floor and unzips it.

"What subject?".

"Biology" I say.

He chuckles to himself the starts to look through my bookbag for my biology binder.

"What?" I ask.

"Biology" he chuckles again.

"What about it?"

"Nothing" he sighs.

He continues to go through my book bag until he pulls something out.

"Who's Shawn?" He asks.

"Wha- oh, just an old friend" I shrug.

"An old friend who sent you a love letter?" He huffs.

"Don't read my stuff" I yell.

"Dear Sweet Ana, I miss you. I can't wait to-"

"Stop!" I shout, snatching the paper from his hand.

"That's not all I read" he frowned. "Is this why you won't do anything, because your still in love with a guy you haven't seen since you were 11?!".

"No, it's ju-"

"I want you to stop writing him. I stopped hanging out with Kayla for you, now its your turn to do something for me" he shouted.

"Leave!" I shout back.

"Ana, I didn't mean to yell"

"I'm sorry too, it's just.." I take a deep breath in and relax a bit. "Please leave" I ask calmly.

He nods in compliance then gathers his belongings.

"I'm sorry" He whispers.

He kisses me on the cheek then leaves without another word.

I shut my bedroom door and sit in my windowsill.

I grab the letter and start to read it.

'Dear Sweet Ana, I miss you. I can't wait to read your letter back to me. I love all your letters, your an amazing writer, your grade in English must be awesome. I wish you were here. I wish I could see you again. If you were here right now I would probably hold you so tight forever. I would show you just how much I love you, how beautiful you are, and how unique you are to me. No one else compares to you. To your looks, your voice, your touch, and your heart. I miss you singing me to sleep in Algebra and every other class. I miss secretly holding hands under the table at lunch. I miss cuddling with you before I even really knew what cuddling was. I miss secretly smelling you everytime we hugged. I miss being jealous each time you attempted to flirt with Eric. I miss you defending everything I did. I miss dreaming of you, although that still happens a lot. I miss talking about my feelings with you, although now that I think about it most of them were towards you. I miss being able to do all of those things with you whenever I wanted to. And I miss the your smile, and your eyes, and your lips. I miss every little thing about you.
Please, just run away and come back to me. Love, Shawn'

After that I started to write a letter back to him asap.

My eyes flutter open and I see Shawn staring at me smiling.

"Creep" I joke.

"You were the one saying my name in your sleep" He grins.

"Wait really?" I gasp.

"Really" He nods.

"Remember the letters?" I smile.

"Of course"

"I remember one word for word" I smirk.

"I still have all of yours"

"No way!"

"Way" he nods.

"Same" I giggle.

"Liar" he whispers.

I hop out of bed and rush to my closet and get a glitter covered shoe case.

I rush back to the bed and put it on his lap.

"Open it" I smirk.

He opens the box and goes through the letters.

"Woah" he chuckles.

"Told you"

"I always thought you kept like.. Girl stuff in here. Like private girl stuff" he smirked.

"Ew. I said it once and I'll say it again, creep"

"What ever, stalker"
_______________________________

[Until next time]
_______________________________