7 - Midnight Cuddles

Start from the beginning

What the fuck?!

I clenched my fists and suddenly felt the urge to punch him in the face.

"It's not a big deal, Adrien, I'm just glad I found out sooner rather than later..." She reassured me, but I didn't care.

I grabbed my coat and keys and headed outside.

"Where are you going?!" She yelled and followed me.

"No one hurts my princess" I growled and then she grabbed my arm to stop me.

"Don't... do something stupid, he's not worth it..." She looked at me with her deep sapphire eyes. I relaxed at the sight of her perfect angelic face.

"It's getting really late, you should stay here and sleep in Chloe's room" I proposed gently, and she nodded.

We walked together towards the stairs. My room was on the right, and Chloe's room was on the left.

"Good night, Princess" I headed to my room.

"Adrien?" I heard her small voice say behind me. I turned my heel to face her.

Marinette practically sprinted to me and threw herself in my arms. She wrapped her arms around my neck and embraced me in one of the warmest hugs I've ever gotten.

I stood still and processed what just happened for a second, and then hugged her back. Her tiny body was perfectly shielded in my strong embrace, but somehow, I felt safe as well.

I caught the sweet scent of her strawberry shampoo and floral perfume. My heart started beating faster as she hugged me tighter and tighter.

Her face snuggled in my neck and she caressed my hair softly.

"Thanks for being such a good friend..." I heard her whisper right next to my ear.

She pulled back, her arms still around my neck with my hands on her waist. I looked inside her beautiful blue bell eyes and smiled.

Then, she let go of me and went to Chloe's room silently. I already missed the warmth that her body provided, and her touch lingered on my skin for a few seconds.

At this point, I really wanted to feel her arms wrapped around my body again, because I suddenly felt awfully cold. But of course, I couldn't, so I sighed and went to my room.

I took a quick shower and changed into my pyjamas. As usual, I practiced my piano a bit before going to bed. I was about to fall asleep when Marinette knocked on my door, which made me practically jump out of bed.

I opened the door and there she was, looking beautiful as always. Her hair was half wet so I assume she took a shower too. She was wearing a white cami with baby pink shorts.

"I heard you play and you're really good" She said shyly.

"Really?.. Thank you" I replied nervously.

"I really don't feel like being alone tonight..." She admitted and twisted a strand of hair with her finger. "Can I sleep here?"

My eyes widened at her request. She looked at me with her big innocent puppy dog eyes that always made me melt on the inside.

"Unless you don't want me to..." She continued with a sad tone.

"I actually don't feel like being alone tonight either..." I admitted. The lights were off, and the moonlight highlighted her soft facial features perfectly.

She smiled softly and entered my room. We both laid on each sides of my bed and contemplated the silence between us.

Against all odds, Marinette approached me to cuddle. I was laying on my back, and she rested her body on my side. Her leg wrapped around mine and her arm rested on my torso.

I decided to pull her closer and kiss the top of her head. My heart was racing, but so was hers. I could feel it. I could also feel a strange sensation tingling in my chest and my throat tightened.

Thank God we were under the sheets and I couldn't see her body on mine, because otherwise...

I felt her face tilting towards mine, so I looked at her.

My eyes landed on her lips first; Her perfect, pink and kissable lips.

Thoughts and emotions filled her deep blue eyes.

I noticed for the first time the very subtle freckles that decorated her small button nose and cheekbones.

Her brows were nicely shaped. For once, they were completely relaxed and not arched in confusion or disgust. I swear that half of the time, this girl has one brow raised. But this attitude and stubbornness is what makes her so irresistible.

All of those angelic facial features were enclosed in a face the size of a CD. Marinette was like a real life doll.

I've never wanted to kiss anyone so bad in my life. And if this was any other girl, I probably would have. But I can't do this to her; not like this.

Not until I know that she's in love with me too.

After a good 10 minutes of staring at each other, she snuggled closer to me and we fell asleep, warm in each other's embrace.