Chapter 19~ Emergency.

((Song of the chapter: I Write Sins Not Tragedies by Panic! At The Disco))

"Luke this is Michael, we have an emergency.."

~

LUKE'S POV

"Wh- what is it Michael?" My voice trembles along with my hands. Addie immediately sits up and stares at me wide eyed. Her eyebrows knit reflecting my own.

"It's Sydney," I bite the inside of my mouth as Michael continues, "someone drugged her at the party man. It's bad."

I inhale sharply, "Well where are you now?"

"We're in the waiting room at the hospital. She's unconscious," Michael's voice is shakey, "the doctors are going to do some tests when she wakes up. I'll explain when you get here."

"Alright, we're on our way." I hang up with Michael.

"L-l-luke, what's going on?" Addie questions weakly. I grab her hands and pull her to her feet.

"We need to get to the hospital. now." I drag a dumbfounded Addie behind me through the house to grab the keys. I don't have time to call a driver so thank god I got my license a few weeks ago.

Addie and I get buckled up as I pull out of the driveway.

"Luke what happened?"

"Someone drugged Sydney at that party they were at and she's currently unconscious." Addie gasps and I take her left hand into my right in an attempt to comfort her. A million questions are running through my head.

I speed whole way there making the usual 20 minute trip a mere 13. Addie was distracting herself with her phone half the time. We run to the ER area and I immediately spot A worried Michael. Addie breaks free from my hands and runs to Michael.

"Michael what happened where is Sydney is she okay?" Addie spits out so quickly I can't even process what she just said. Michael stands up and puts his hands on Addie's shoulders.

"She is in a room right now and the doctors are waiting for her to wake up to run some tests."

"Can I go see her?" Addie pleads.

"No, the doctors aren't letting anyone in there yet." Worry is written all of Addie's face as I approach the two. I take my chances and slip my arm around her tourso comfortingly. Addie looks from my hand around her waist and up to my eyes with a knowing smile that doesn't reach her eyes.

"Oh and by the way Cal and Ash are in the caff attempting to sober up," Michael tells us. We nod and sit on the chairs next to Michael where I now take Addie's hand into mine. I run my thumb up and down her hand as she shifts towards me resting her head on my shoulder.

"Luke I'm really nervous about this," Addie wHispers only loud enough for me to hear. Michael is half awake anyways.

"I'm sure Sydney will be alright once the doctors figure out exactly what happened and what is in her system," I try.

"I just hope she wakes up soon."

"Me too,Addie, me too."

~

I shuffle around in a chair? My eyes drift open and I realize I am in a hospital waiting room.

Addie shakes my shoulder, "Luke, come on. The doctor said Syd woke up and we can go and see her." I look at the distraught girl besides me and stand up reaching my hands out to help her to her feet. There is a short slim man with a receding hair line and glasses pushed to the brim of his nose waiting at a door with a white lab jacket on.

"Right this way," the man says as he opens the door for us. He leads us to room 451. Addie breaks free from my hands and runs to her best friend's side.

"Oh my gosh Sydney you're awake are you okay what happened?" Addie scrambles out as I stay standing in the door way. Addie wraps her arms around Sydney for a few moments.

Sydney chuckles a little, "I'm okay. The doctors are running some blood tests now. The last thing I remember was going up to the beach bar to grab another drink." Sydney frowns furrowing her eyebrows a little trying to recall the events of the night.

"I'm sure you'll start to remember something," Addie comforts her confused friend.

"I hope so. I just can't let my mom find out about this. She would be furious," Sydney explains and Addie's eyes go wide.

"Um, Sydney, well it might be a little to late for that," Addie softly speaks.

"You didn't."

"I'm sorry Syd! I was scared and had to!"

"Is she flying in?"

"The first flight she catches."

"Great, just great," Sydney shakes her head in disbelief.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and a muffled "excuse me" and turn to see a different doctor with the same white lab jacket. I move in the room to make way for the man with a clipboard.

"Sydney?" He questions and she nods, "I have the lab results. We found traces of Rohypnol in your blood. Someone must have slipped a pill in one of your drinks causing you confusion and to black out. You are very lucky that your friends found you before anything happened," he lets out a sigh, "we want to keep you here over night up until tomorrow afternoon to just monitor you." Sydney nods and the doctor leaves.

"Addie you do realize that my mom is going to make me come home and probably tell your parents about this too, don't you? And then what do you think will happen? Do you really think your parents will let you stay once they find out about this? Way to call my mom."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Filler af

Thanks so much for over 1.6k reads on this book! :D

Pssssss
Sorry I'm shizzzz at updating:(((