Chapter 28 ~ The Reveal Part One.

((Song of the Chapter: This Is What It Takes by Shawn Mendes))

LUKE'S POV

On the outside looking in, my life would seem pretty perfect. I have a beautiful girl, whom I adore dearly, cuddled up to my side while watching How I Met My Mother. I also am surrounded by my best mates cracking a few jokes here and there who also happen to be my band mates. And then there's all of these amazing fans whom are always tweeting us nice things and supporting us through all these years. I will not deny the fact that I am very Lucky to have this life, especially for being only 19 years old. But, in life nothing can ever work according to plan. Nothing is perfect. There is always that flaw or two that prevent it.

'Tell Addie He is here' The words keep replaying in my head. Who the f.uck is he? Is this a friend she is expecting? A secret lover? An ex boyfriend? I can't seem to string anything together. I do still need to ask her if she knows anything about this, but I don't want to ruin the nice moment or frankly, have to move. Also, still don't know what tf was up with the spy glasses the pizza chick was wearing. That was so sketchy.

"Luke?" Addie's voice breaks me out of my trance.

"Mmmhhmm?" I look down at her small face resting on my chest. Her eyebrows are furrowed and she looks worried.

"Can we go upstairs and talk?" I nod as she slides off the coach and waits for me to take the lead. I too get off the couch and start making my way to the staircase. I know this talk is something important and will hopefully answer my urging questions.

"What are you two doing?" Michael questions with his signature smirk.

"I think we're heading up for the night,"

"Is that what kids these days say?" Ashton asks.

"Ash you're not even that much older than me," I snap, "And no, Addie is just tired so I'm bringing her up and then going to bed myself thank you very much." I grab Addie's hand pulling her up the stairs behind me. I open the door to my room and sit on my bed against the wooden headboard. Addie makes her way to my bed as well, sitting across from me cross legged.

"So," I say.

"Sooooo," Addie responds uncomfortable looking around my room. Her eyes purposefully don't meet mine.

"What did you want to talk about?" I ask. Maybe what she has to say will clue me in on the events that happened with pizza chick.

"Well there's something about my past that I have been wanting to tell you. I just, I uh haven't told many people about it," Addie's voice shakes, "It has to do with these." Addie pushes up the long sleeves of my sweatshirt she decided she needed to borrow (it looked good on her if I do say so myself). Adorning her now sleeveless arms are the scars I discovered a few weeks ago.

ADDIE'S POV

I knew I had to tell Luke everything after I got that dreaded phone call from Jace. Luke needs to know, not only because I need to get all of it off my chest, but also for his own safety. I trust Luke I think.. no I do trust him. He already knows about my scars and other little things about me. So, it isn't a surprise to him when I pulled up the sleeves of his comfy sweatshirt that I slyly stole from his closet earlier (opz sns lucas). Luke knows that I have the scars and that they were self inflicted, but it's time he knows why. I hope that what I tell him won't make him change his mind on us.

"So, these scars are self inflicted, as you already know," Luke looks at me with eyes full of sorrow, "but you don't know why I did this to myself." I take a huge breath in. I feel tears build up in my eyes and I fight to prevent them to fall. Luke takes one of my hands into both of his and rubs small circles on the top of it. I use my other to wipe the tears that are threatening to fall. I have to keep myself together. I chuckle a little, "Ahh, sorry."

"No, no. Ads, it's okay. Take your time. I understand it's a tough thing for you to talk about." He gives me a reassuring smile. How did I get so lucky?

"Okay, when I was 15 years old Sydney and I were on the same traveling soccer league. The soccer club assigns each team a coach for the season. It just so happened that we made the top team that year together and I couldn't have been happier. Soccer was one of my passions back then, heck it was practically my life before I took music seriously. Before our winter training started, we had a little team get together where we met our team and new coach. I knew the majority of the girls on my team from school or past teams, but we got a new coach from the previous year."

*FLASHBACK*

Sydney and I walked up to our teammate Delilah's house with excitement as this team get together signifies the start of the soccer season. Sydney knocks on the door and a smiling Joan, Delilah's mom and crazy soccer mom, opens the door.

"Awe girls it's so nice to see you! This season should be a great one!" She side hugs us each. We fake smile back and nod. "Well come on in, the girls are in the family room chatting and snacking." Sydney and I make our way to the room where we see the familiar faces of our teammates. Of course that b.itch Natalia made it again. She's not even good, just big as in muscular. Natalia is also a big yeller which annoys the crap out of me.

"Addie!!!" Delilah squeals and gives me a bone crushing hug, "Syd!" She then gives one to Sydney, "how have you guys been doing this school year?"

"Pretty good!" Sydney says. For the most part the girls on my team go to different schools near eachother.

"Good, good!" Delilah looks to her phone for the time, "our new coach should be here in a few minutes!" Sydney and I take a seat on the ground leaning against the couch.

"What do you guys know about the coach?" Sydney asks. Now that I think about it, I don't think my parents have said anything about the new coach.

Carly, a tall lean "popular" girl enthuses, "Apparently he's a college aged soccer player!" All the girls ooo and I see some smirks.

"I hope he's hot," Sydney bluntly states.

I gasp and lightly slap her arm, "Sydney!"

"What? Just being honest here. I wouldn't mind a little eye candy."

"Same here," Natalia agrees.

"Girls!" Joan's annoying fake voices booms through the house, "your coach just pulled up! Delilah dear please go get the door for him." Delilah sweetly smiles before getting up and opening the door milliseconds after a knock was heard.

The rest of us try to sneak a peak through the opened door at the interaction.

"Hi! I'm Delilah, you must be our new coach?" We hear.

"That would be me," a deep broken voice responds.

"Why hello there!" Joan squeaks.

"Hello," the man, or my coach, responds.

"The girls are in the room over there through the door."

We hear footsteps approaching the room and many of the girls *cough Sydney and Natalia cough* are fixing their hair quickly.

A tall muscular figure appears in the doorway. His dark locks are quiffed up messily. He walks into the room casually taking a seat on the open spot on the sofa behind me. I turn around my eyes find their way to his light brown orbs.

"Hi girls," He smirks, "I'm your coach, Jace."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very important chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I decided to break "The Reveal" up in multiple parts because otherwise the size of the chapter would be WAY different from the rest. BUT updates will come VERY SOON!!¡¡¡

Thanks for reading! It would be awesome if you guys could give me feedback via votes& comments!

Ps... Does anyone know how to change the book cast??

I picture Jace as Dylan O'Brian