Chapter 27 ~ A Scare.

((Song of the chapter: Girls by Mayday Parade)) 

ADDIE'S POV 

Just as I am starting to get comfortable into this more than a simple peck kind of kiss, the doorbell rings. I feel my face instantly pale and I pull away from Luke.  No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no. It can't be. It just absolutely cannot be him.  When he called the other day I was not expecting Jace to show up at the house already, heck I didn't even think he knew where the 5SOS boys' house was considering the fans are clueless. Jace is very unpredictable and he can be dangerous. I don't want to put Luke or any of the others in harms. I couldn't bare to see something happen to any of them and know it was because of me. I need to figure out a way to get him off my back. I hope what he wants isn't too much.

"Addie? Are you okay? It's just the pizza guy at the door," Luke interrupts my thoughts. I simply nod my head not trusting my voice. I feel his soft fingers once again lift up my chin to make my eyes meet his. He gives me a stern, yet concerned look pressing a soft kiss to my forehead. Luke exhales deeply. "I better get the door," Luke says under his breath. Releasing my hands that I did not realize were gripped to his t-shirt, Luke makes his way to the door. I take a few deep breaths to calm myself down a little. It's not Jace it's not Jace it's not Jace. Maybe if I repeat it enough to myself it'll be real. I keep my eyes on Luke and the door as he opens it. When he does an average height girl in her 20s opens the door. Relief overtakes me. Thank God. I scroll through my Instagram feed liking a few pictures here and there to keep my mind occupied.

LUKE'S POV

I leave a distraught Addie on the couch to retrieve the pizza. I honestly don't know what to do with her right now or what is going through her mind. Why can't girls realize that boys are not mind readers? I know there is something up and she won't tell me. I don't want to push her to say anything, but I might just have to.

I open the front door a chick holding a few boxes of pizza. She just stares at me intensely for a few moments through her glasses. "Uh, how much do I owe you?" I question uncomfortably.

"$21.57," the pizza girl almost too quickly responds.

"Alright," I whip out my billfold, take out a 20 and a 10, and hand it to her, "Keep the change." She takes it and hands over the pizzas. "Thanks," I plainly say.

She nods I notice a faint blinking light coming from the center of her glasses, "You're welcome Luke. Tell Addie 'He is here.'" What? He? Who is he and why is he here? Where is here exactly? Wait, hold up. Why does this pizza chick know my name and Addie's? Sure, we are both somewhat famous, but why did she know Addie was here?

"Wait, how.." I look back up and the girl is gone. What in the actual f.uck. I don't even know what to think right now? Like what just happened? Also why did she have those glasses that record things and WHY was she recording ME? There's no way this is just a stupid paparazzi thing. They don't stoop that low to snipe pictures and videos.. Not that they haven't done other bad things in the past...

I shut the door and bring the pizzas to the table. Addie is still lounging on the couch looking at her phone. She looks up and we exchange unsure smiles on both ends. I know I look like I just saw a ghost. Pulling myself together, somewhat, I open the door to get to the basement and yell, "BOYS PIZZA IS HERE!"

You would think there was a stampede of elephants running up the stair, but no it's just my crazy for pizza band mates. "Pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza pizza!" They chant.

I feel an arm hook around my neck, pulling me into a headlock, "HUKE LEMMINGS YOU ROCK!" I look down at the muscular tanned arm around me. Calum.

"Tell me something I don't know," I smirk a little. Calum ruffles my hair and grabs a slice. The quiff is not longer standing I repeat the quiff is no longer standing. Freaking Calum. Ashton, Michael, and Calum all pile their paper plates high with pizza, yes we still use paper plates even though we are currently living in a mansion. But who is surprised by that? The three all give me a knowing look glancing towards Addie and back to me. Calum even wiggles his eyebrows causing a small giggle to escape my lips. They head back downstairs, shutting the door. I set a slice of pepperoni on one plate and cheese on another. I also grab two cans of Mountain Dew from the fridge before returning to my place next to Addie. She finally looks up from her phone as I place the plates and cans on the little table in front of the couch.

"Thanks Luke," Addie says appreciatively and places her hand on my shoulder, "Sorry for being weird earlier. I guess I have been a little paranoid lately. I'm sorry." I wrap my hands around her waist and pull her close.

"Ads, it's okay," her stomach growls, "Let's eat first and talk about it later, okay?"

"Okay." We silently nibble on the pizza and sip our dews. "So how is the song writing going?"

"Well, it's going I guess," I chuckle, "No, it's actually going really well. I'm liking some of the stuff we have written with other people."

"That's good," Addie smiles.

"Do you know when you're going to start writing and recording for real?" I ask her.

"Jobin said I have some big writing session tomorrow, but I'm not sure where or who with yet."

"That should be fun! You're first real big experience with writing!" I shoulder bump her.

"Oh so what I was doing at home in my bedroom wasn't good enough?" Addie jokes.

"You'll see."

We finish up our meal and, being the gentleman that I am, I clean the table up. I grab a large cozy blanket from the storage ottoman on my way back to the couch. I hold it behind me like a cape, stretch my arms out, and land directly on top of Addie with the blanket now covering us.

"LUKE!" I let go of the right corner of the blanket to cover her mouth.

I brush the hair away from her ear and whisper, "Let's finish up what we started"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks so much for 6.6k+ reads<3 SORRY FOR SLOW&SHORT UPDATES I HAD HELLA CONCERTS AND OTHER ISH WITH COLLEGE PREP AND FRIENDS

SHE'S KINDA HOT CAME OUT AND HOLY S.HIT IT IS AMAZEBALLZ I LOVE THE DIRECTION THE BOYS ARE TAKING THE BAND AND THAT THEY ARE FINALLY ACHIEVING THE SOUND THEY HAVE ALWAYS WANTED <3  WAIT AND THE MUSIC VIDEO HOT DAYUMMMMMMMMMMM BYE

*cue PCD updates*

HOLY FREAKING CRAP I WENT TO OTRA AND ROWYSO AND THE VAMPS CONCERTS SINCE I HAVE LAST UPDATED AND WOW!

I had floor for otra & they were all so adorable and Louis ripped Liam's shirt so we got ABS!!!! I love them it was weird without Zayn, but still amazing AFFFFF

And then ROWYSO I had soundcheck and for it I was front and center and the boys were like right there SOOOOOO MUCH EYE CONTACT! 5SOS are even more attractive in person... Luke had hella stubble which made me weak in the freaking knees WOW then I had Michael's side pit for the concert- front row and DIRECTLY in front of his mic.....WHAT IS LIFE??????? Honestly, EVERYONE deserves to see their favorite band live front row. It felt WAY more personal and real. PS I was one of the girls who got hit in the head with ashton's drum stick lolol

The vamps were so fudging hot live. that is all.

xoxo