Chapter 29 ~ The Reveal Part Two.

((Song of the Chapter: Trouble by Halsey))

"Hi girls," He smirks, "I'm your coach, Jace."

*FLASHBACK CONTINUED*

We all stare at the attractive male in the room.

"Girls lets let Jace tell us a little about himself," Natalia bosses around. What a freaking suck up.

Jace clears his throat, "Well I am 20 years old and attend  Baylor University here in Texas. This is my 3rd year on their soccer team. I play forward, so I score all the goals,"  the kid smirks, "But of course I believe every position is important." The girls around me giggle. This new coach of ours sure is cocky. "Uh, maybe you girls want to go around, say your name, and a random fact about yourself?"

Great I hate when you meet new people and you do these little ice breaker 'share random shiz about yourself' crap because I never know what to say.

Freaking Natalia, who just so happened to be sitting to Jace's left decided she was entitled to start, "My name is Natalia, but you can call me Nat," she curtly smiles, "And I like to play rough." Natalia looks directly at Jace with a smirk etched on her face. What in the actual. Honey he is 5 years older than you chill. Everyone goes on and says their name and a random fact after Natalia put her flirt on (who am I kidding it never turned off). Before I know it it's my turn.

I can feel Jace's eyes burning into the side of my head. It's intimidating how he is sitting above me on the couch and I know I should probably turn around to look at him while I'm talking to him, so I do.

"I'm Addie and in 5th grade I broke the world record for number of revolutions with a Skip-It." (a/n if you don't know what a Skip-It is you are too young to be reading this BYE)

I uncomfortably hold eye contact with Jace until Delilah's voice breaks the silence, "Okay let's eat!"

~Fast forward a few months~

Today was the day of our first game of the season. We had been training all winter with Jace and it has been okay. I'm not going to lie, I have become one of his "favorites" and he tends to make me demonstrate skills when explaining the drills. I am one of the stronger players on my team, not to toot my own horn, but there are girls better than me.

"Are you excited for the game?" Dad questions me as we drive to Hawthorne, a neighboring town.

"Yeah! I think this year is going to be a good one. We worked on our passing skills a lot more than normal, which is exactly what our team needed."

"That's good! How are Lucy's skills in the net? And the new coach?" Lucy is the new goalie that got added on our team this year. She used to play for our rivals, the Hornets, but made the switch to our soccer club, the Rave, this year.

"Amazing as expected for Lucy. And as for the new coach, he's pretty good."

"Good to hear," Dad takes a deep breath, "I'm afraid your mother won't be attending the game. Something with her new oils needing research before she starts selling them." My mom has a small business where she sells essential oils. It's really freaking weird I don't get it at all. I nod to his words, "So, play hard. I wan't to see more aggression than normal tonight as you know they are going to try to get to your heads through some cheap shots. Also, don't be afraid to take a chance and dribble the ball for yourself. I have to leave at half time for a meeting, so can you find a ride home?"