Chapter 36 ~ Search and Rescue.

((Song of the Chapter: Roses by Chainsmokers))

LUKE'S POV (EARLIER IN THE NIGHT)

Addie and Ashton somehow convinced the rest of us boys to go to the club tonight. I am usually always up for this type of thing, but I really just wanted to spend tonight with Addie. The music was loud, speakers blaring remixes of the top 100. We all had alcohol in our hands and in our blood. I feel like were going to have some rough hang overs tomorrow.

"Having fun yet?" Ashton questions.

"No I want to go home and play video games," Michael complains. He clearly doesn't mean it as he downs more alcohol.

"Mhm, sure you do," Ashton retorts.

I was sitting next to Addie and slide my hand on her leg. I think this is moderate enough. However, Addie must not as she aggressively pushes my hand off.

"Luke, we're in public, remember?"

"No one up here is going to give a f.uck or notice for that matter. They're all s,hit faced or uninterested," I say a little more angrily than I had anticipated.

"Luke, please let's not get ourselves in trouble if we can avoid it," Addie says just above a whisper. Ashton gives me a death glare, he clearly heard what was going on.

"Okay," I create some space between us and play with the straw in my drink. Addie turns to face away from me and goes on her phone.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom," Addie stands to say. She clearly just doesn't want to be around me right now. Whatever. Fine.

"It's downstairs, by the way," Calum tells her. Addie doesn't even glance towards me as she makes her way downstairs. Calum turns to me, "You f.ucked up bro."

"You think I don't know that?" I spit.

"Well I just thought I should remind you."

"What the hell really?" I start to get out of my seat.

"Woah Luke, you need to calm yourself," Ashton adds in.

"D.ammit I'm sorry. I just don't like this whole secret situation."

"Man, it's okay, but we're not the ones you should say sorry to."

"You're right, I'll apologize to her when she comes back." I take another swig of my drink and try to relax a bit. I have no clue what has gotten into me. Is it just that I'm a horny b.astard? probably. Why do I have to always screw everything that is good in my life up.

I slam a couple of shots of straight up vodka. Those hit me hard and tasted like straight up s.hit. I decide against any chaser and just feel the burn. I deserve to. I sit and feel sorry for myself for some time. I'm not sure how long as everything feels like a daze right now.

I feel a hand connect with the side of my face. That hurt like a mother. "What the fu-?"

"Luke get your g.oddammed s.hit together right now. Addie is in serious trouble and we think it's that Jace guy!" Michael shouts at me. In that instant I sobered up.

"What!?"

"I'll explain in the car. We need to leave right now." Michael grabs me by the arm and pulls me across the room, down the stairs, and out the front door of the club. All the while, of course, I struggled to walk. Michael shoves me into the back seat of a car. "Let's go!" Michael says to the man in the drivers seat. The car pulls into the road quickly and we speed down the road.

"Care to explain further?" I ask Michael slightly frightened to hear what he has to say.

"Calum got a call from Addie except when he said 'hello' she didn't respond. Instead he heard a man's voice and then Addie talking back-"

"WHAT!"

"Luke calm down and listen to me. Jace kidnapped Addie and God knows what he is going to do with her. They got into a taxi and luckily Calum had already contacted the police so they're on their way and are tracking her phone. Ashton is texting me location updates and that is how we will find them as well. Ashton and Calum are in the police car following the route of the taxi cab."

"What the hell." My mind is racing. "How did Jace find Addie at the club?"

"Man, I don't know. That's not what we need to focus on right now. We can figure out the logistics later. Let's just focus on getting to her and getting her away from Jace right now."

"Okay." I know worrying won't do anything, but I can't help it. My Addie is currently in a car with a man who has treated her in ways a woman should never be treated. He is a scumbag.

"Boys I am going to have to ask you to stay in the car when we get to where the taxi is stopping," the police man sternly states.

"How do you know the taxi is stopping?" Michael asks.

"Luckily an off duty cop just so happened to get into the same taxi as your friend and will be stopping by the city hall and has informed the taxi driver," The police man said.

"But how?" I question.

"We're just about here," the man in blue says. We take a couple of turns and before you know it I see a yellow tax cab pulled over and the woman walking towards a building. "Shit. Backup isn't here yet. I am going to need one of you boys to come with and take the girl away from the situation."

(a/n i don't think this whole police putting a civilian into this dangerous situation would actually happen in real life but in my fanfic world it does)

"Luke you go," Michael nudges me.

"Okay," I say without hesitation.

"Okay, Luke, you follow behind me. I will open the door of the taxi that Jace is on, you grab Addie from her side, and then I will take care of Jace. I need you to take her away from the vehicle maybe to the other side of the building until we can get some more help."

"Okay," I am feeling a little nervous now. I hope he hasn't hurt her. The car comes to a halt. The police man gave me a nod and we ran towards the tax. Everything seemed to happen in slow motion as I whipped open the door and pulled my love into my arms. She was unaware as to what was happening or who was grabbing her. I immediately began to run to the side of the building as Addie thrashed around in my arms. She screamed a bit too. I set her carefully down against the brick building and put my arms on her shoulders.

"Hey, hey, hey. Addie, it's me, Luke. Please stop crying and look at me dear." I try to calm her down. Heck, I was also trying to calm myself down.

"Oh," she quietly says and looks into my eyes. Her eyes look sad, distraught, hurt, and angry, but also a little relieved to see me. I know we have a lot of talking to do about us, but all I care about right now is Addie and her safety. She curls up into a ball and starts to sob. This breaks my heart into a million pieces, not just two. I sit down beside her pulling her into my arms. My poor Addie. "Luke, I-I-I," she tries to speak.

"Shhh-shhh-shhhh, Addie. I got you now, don't worry," I calmly say. I take a risk and place a few kisses on her soft forehead. I feel her immediately relax into my arms. I know that this somewhat stillness will not last long once the police constrain Jace and then begin with the questioning of Addie. I know she is strong, but I don't know how strong. Whatever happens I will stay by her side. Through thick and thin. Right now I don't want her to worry about us or what our issues are because they're not as important as her well being.

I brush away some hair from in front of her eyes and notice that they are closed. Addie has cried herself to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IM SORRY FOR LACK OF UPDATES I HAVE HAD A "SITUATION: NO MOTIVATION" KIND OF THING GOING ON!

Hope the holidays were well!

Any-who, hope you enjoyed the switch up in point of views and are enjoying this story!