Chapter 37 ~ The Twittersphere.

((Song of the Chapter: Here by Alessia Cara))

ADDIE'S POV

"Luke man you need to get some sleep," A voice says while Luke groans.

"I'm fine."

"Luke you seriously look like s.hit. Get some rest," I now recognize the voice to be Calum's.

"I want to be here when she wakes up!"

"If she wake up I'll be here and I'll wake you up."

"Cal, thank you, but no thank you."

"Can't say I didn't try." With that, I hear a door shut. I hear Luke shuffle around, but keep my eyes shut. Memories of what happened hit me. Jace. My breathing picks up and I open my eyes sitting up. I begin rubbing my arms. Luke must have noticed.

"Addie, sweetheart, you're awake!" Luke plops himself next to me and pulls me closer in his arms. "Take a deep breath, you're okay." I try to do as he says and slow down my breathing.

"I can't believe that happened," I quietly say.

"Me either," Luke brushes my hair out of my face, "Erm, he's being held in custody right now so you don't have to worry."

"Good." I close my eyes trying to relax.

"I'm sorry, by the way."

"For what?"

"For being an a.sshat last night. I should have listened to you and shouldn't have pushed your buttons in the way I did."

I lean into Luke's shoulder and look up into his eyes, "I forgive you Luke. You know I would have reciprocated if it didn't put our careers at risk."

"Yeah, yeah I know."

I lean up and land a soft peck on Luke's lips and giggle.

"What are you on about?" Luke questions.

"A.sshat?" I continue to laugh, "Where did that come from?"

Luke bashfully smiles, "I don't know I've seen it on the twittersphere."

"The twittersphere?"

"You know, Twitter?"

"I know you loser, just find it cute that you call it that," I bop his nose and try to get up. Luke's arms tighten around me.

"Not so fast love!"

"Lukeeee," I pry at his hands. He gives me the look so I give him puppy dog eyes.

"Yes bub?"

I lean in slightly brushing my lips against his. Our eyes connect and his grip loosens. I kiss his nose and make a mad dash for the door. I fling it open and run for the stairs.

"Addie you little!" I hear Luke yell from my room.

I make it to the kitchen and catch my breath. I whip the cupboard open grabbing a bowl and cheerios. As I pour myself a heaping bowl, I feel a tap on my shoulder causing me to turn to see who it is. No one was there so I turn to my other side.

"Boo!" Yells Luke. I jump and knock the bowl of cheerios off the counter.

"Gosh dang it Luke," I slap his arm, "You're cleaning this up." I point to the mess he has now made and cross my arms pouting a bit.

"Oh  really?" Luke smirks.

"Yes really! Chop chop!" Luke rolls his eyes and begins to clean up the cheerios.

"Can you say whipped?" Michael yells from the family room.

"Whipped!" I shout back laughing.

"Oh whatever," Luke groans.

I grab a new bow and pour myself a new bowl of cheerios. I take the milk out of the refrigerator, pour some into my bowl, and dump a couple of spoonfuls of sugar in my bowl.

"Ummm?" Luke points to my cereal.

"Can I help you?" I ask taking a seat at the counter. I start eating my creation.

"So, let me get this straight. You pick the least sweet cereal to eat only to add a heaping of sugar?"

"Yeah, what's it to ya?"

Luke chuckles, "Oh Addie." I roll my eyes. Luke eventually takes a seat next to me with a plate full of sausages and eggs. Boys I tell ya. We both finish up our breakfast and clear our plates.

"So, Addie," Luke breaks our silence.

"Yes?"

"I don't want to, but I have to bring this up. The detectives would like to speak with you and are insisting that it be done sometime today." I freeze up.

"Uh, o-okay," I look to my hands.

"I know it's soon, but they are very persistent so that you don't forget anything. They want all the details you will give them from what happened yesterday as well as the past."

I nod my head, "Will you come to the station with me?"

"Of course I will Ads," Luke says and pulls me in for a hug. "When will you be ready?"

"Let me shower first. So, maybe around 30 minutes?"

"Okay," Luke says and kisses me softly. I will never get used to this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked having a more lighthearted chapter for a change!

As always, thank you so much for reading and enjoying this story! I have a rough plan for the rest of this book! Probably around 15-20 more chapters PLUS a potential sequel! I also have big plans for a new book featuring the one and only HARRY STYLES ;)  Whoop whoop!