Chapter 2~ Brunch.

((Song of the chapter: A Different Side Of Me by Allstar Weekend ))

"Addie wake up!"

"Uhhhhh mom do I have to"

"Yes we have brunch with your fathers parent's now get moving." Every Sunday we have brunch with my grandparents at a cute little diner in town called Paps. Of course my mother being my mother, we all dressed up in 'Sunday church attire' even though we rarely attended church.

After scrolling though my twitter news feed and refreshing it a few times I decide to get up. My mom picked out a light purple floral sundress with white wedges for me to wear adding a thick yellow bracelet to my left wrist. I quickly slide them on and straighten my naturally curly hair. I put on some light make up with a bold red lip, look in the mirro, frown and head downstairs. Shane and my father were dressed in khakis and collard button up plaid shirts. My mother steeped out of the kitchen in her plain black skirt and white blouse pushing us out the door.

My grandparents were already waiting at our usual table greeting us with hugs. Shane and I got the weekly, "You've grown since I last saw you two!" We all sit down and order our food.

"So Addie how's the music coming along?" My grandpa questioned. He's always been a huge supporter of my music and has been secretly telling me for years that I need to take it to the next level.

"Pretty good! I hit 5,000 views on my last youtube cover." My parents looked at each other with disapproving eyes. No matter what they will never support it.

"That's 5,000 more than I thought you'd ever get!" Shane remarked. I slapped his arm and he let out a fake squeal to egg me on. My parents and grandparents soon became lost in coversation. Shane was engrossed in his phone so I pulled mine out as well. I did my daily check on youtube views and I was up to 8,000 on my cover of "Stay" by Rhianna that I posted last night. 8,000 views in less than 24 hours? How could this even happen?

"Kids put your phones down!" My dad looked agitated with Shane and me. We quickly set them on the table. "This is time to spend with your family, not your friends."

"Sorry dad." Shane and I quietly said in unison.

"So how do you two plan to spend the rest of your summer besides on your little electronic devices?" Grandma was never one to fancy cell phones.

"I might venture out and use my large electronic device to play some MW3!" Shane always had some smartass remark, even when talking to our grandma.

"And how about you Addie?"

"Well I want to works some more on my music and maybe go on a road trip somewhere with Sydney and some other friends." Sydney and I have always wanted to go on a road trip with some of our other friends. We've been talking about it since we got our license.

*BZZZZ*

I start to reach for my phone when, "Nope this is family time!" My dad taps my hand and I resume my upright position.

The waitress then brought us our food. Grandma and Grandpa were telling us about their recent vacation to Ireland when *BZZZZZ*. I looked in my dad's direction only to find him glaring at me. His eyes were warning me not to look at my phone. So, of course, I decide to ignore it until 15 seconds later *BZZZZ*BZZZZZ*. Who would need to reach me this urgently on a Sunday morning? Once again I ignore my phone and act engaged in my grandparents conversation. *BZZZZ* Shane kicks me from under the table clearly annoyed with my phone vibrating the table. *BZZZZ* I continue to eat my bacon and pretend like I didn't notice anything. *BZZZZZZ*

"FOR GODS SAKE ADDIE CHECK TO SEE WHO IS BOTHERING YOU AND TURN IT OFF!" My mom was not one to get annoyed that easily.. I quickly pick my phone up from the table to find and abundance of texts from Sydney saying 'Call me right now' 'Addie call me.' 'ADDIE CALL ME NOW THIS IS URGENT' 'GOSH DAMMIT ADDIE CALL ME'.

"What is it?" My mother questioned me.

"It's Sydney, it sounds urgent. I really should go call her, excuse me." I excused myself from the table and ran to the laddies room. My mind is racing with questions. Is Sydney alright? Did one of her crazy exes come back and do something to her again? Did Shane upset her? What does she want?

----------

Yay 2 chapters in one night! trust me you wont want to miss chapter 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Please share/ comment/ vote (:

Just pretend. | l.h.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें