Chapter 1~Addie.

***ANNOYING DISCLAIMER ALMOST EVERY AUTHOR PUTS AT THE BEGINNING OF A FANFIC: the beginning sucks, I promise it gets better as I grew with the story***

((Song of the chapter:
Now or Never by Zac Efron (HSM3) ))

"Hi guys, so I just wanted to say thanks for the 5,000 views on my cover of All Of Me by John Legend! Also thanks for all the lovely comments! Keep on sharing my videos and hopefully one day someone big will notice me! Love you all lots!"

"Awwww Addie you are just too adorable!" My bestfriend Sydney shouted from across my room. I had just posted a youtube video thanking all of my amazing fans, although not that many, for their love and support.

Yes, I am a singer and yes I post youtube videos. To be honest I don't see a singing career coming out of any of this. I mean sure, I have a decent voice and all but what are the chances that some big timer will see my videos and sign me? Beside I have this whole life that my parents have planned out for me..

"Shut it Syd!" I giggled, "Are we still going shopping later tonight?"

"I uh kinda sorta made plans with Shane."

"Really." I gave her a blank stare. For the past two months Sydey and MY twin brother Shane have had a 'thing'. They weren't dating but they definitely weren't just friends. I guess I don't mind it completely because Sydney has been in some rough relationships before but it's just so damn annoying how she picks Shane over me sometimes.

"I'm sorry Addie! I promise I will make it up to you! Love youuuu" She said emphasizing the 'u'. And with that she gave me a quick hug and scurried out my room leaving me alone with my laptop and thoughts.

Thoughts of the upcoming year. Summer is just starting and senior year is approaching quickly. So many major decisions to make this year. I'm already stressed out just thinking about it. How am I supposed to know what I want to do with my life when I barely even know who I am? The worst part is that my parents seem to think they know who I am, who I want to be, and what I need to do with my life.. especially when it happened.

Ever since I started grade school they have set me up for academic success. One bad grade and I was grounded until it improved. They have always aspired for me to be an optomitrist and take over the family owned and run business. Although I know that my parents have had good intensions in setting up my future, I'm just not so sure it's what I want with my life. In the back of my mind I have always had the dream to sing for the rest of my life.

I decide I might as well try to write some new music tonight now that Sydney canceled.. I have never shared my songs with anyone, and I honestly don't plan on doing it anytime soon. I write about anything thats on my mind, usually that being boys- yes I am such a freakin girl. My youtube uploads have been 100% covers and i think I like it that way.

My keyboard is my trusty side kick. Name a tune and I can play it by memory. Music comes naturally to me.

~

*BZZZZZZ* My phone vibrates. I quickly glance at it only to find a text from my best guy friend James.

'Addie get ur lazy azzzzz over to my place for a scary movie marathon!'

Scary movies are kind of James and my thing. I have a love hate relationship with scary movies.

'Fine. Be there in 10.' I decide that I might as well do something with my night. I throw on my favorite leggings and oversized pastel pink sweater throwing my hair up in a bun. Summer nights in South Dakota are a little chilly. I run downstairs, walk out the front door and head down the street to James' house.

He greats me and we walk into his living room. "What movie shall we watch first?" James smirks. He knows I'm going to tell him that I don't care but still asks reguardless.

"Hmmmmm, why don't you go on netflix and we will watch the first one that pops up!" I plop down on his couch and James sits down next to me leaving about a foot inbetween the two of us. We never feel awkward about just the two of us hangin out, it's just the inital where to sit thing that is awkward. James turns on the tv and starts clicking somebuttons, finally getting to the netflix screen. Just my luck the first movie that decides to show up under the horror movie category is The Conjuring. The commercials for it make it look so fucked up.

"Oooo The Conjuring! I've been wanting to see this one for a while!" James excitedly selects the movie and begins playing it. James has the biggest smile planted on his face. I have always loved James' smile and the way his dimples form in perfect symetry.

As the movie starts a very creepy doll appears. Then there's this random writing on the walls with a red crayon. I am freaking out on the inside and totally trying to hide it on the inside. I loose it when the doll starts chasing the girls and slide closer to James, grasping his arm.

"A little scared, eh?" He giggles and then wraps his arm around me giving me a sense of security. He peers down at me and we make eye contact. His smirk is enough to make me slightly smile. His arm remains around me the rest of the movie. I don't mind this. I wonder what he would think if he saw me here right now with James.

~~

Hi guys! So this is my new fanfic, it's going to start a little slow, I know sorry (:

I JUST REREAD THIS AND IT SEEMS SO CLICHÉ AT THIS POINT BUT IT WILL GET BETTER