Drawn in

( This chapter contains violence. )

Y/N sat up and looked around his cold, silent room. It was dark, the only light was his television that he forgot to turn off.

It was cold, yet he was sweating bullets. He was breathing heavily and shaking. Why? He didn't know. It had felt like he had a triggering dream, but he had already forgotten it. He slipped out of bed and threw a hoodie on. He dug in his dresser and pulled out a pocket knife. The cover was a mossy green, a strange, but also interesting design on it. He grabbed his phone and checked the time. It was four in the morning. He quickly put socks and shoes on and snuck outside.

He was still panting and panicked as he ran into the forest. As he ran, bits of the dream came back. Crumble by crumble, they entered his mind.

"No! I won't!" He screamed into the forest. He grabbed his hand, which started to get an unusual pain. It hurt. Badly. He almost ran into a snake. He snake hissed and bared its fangs. Y/N took a step back, but the he growled and took out his pocket knife. Then everything seemed to go black. . .

When he 'awoke', the snake was dead. He was in the process of cutting it open. He let out a sharp breath, but continued to jaggedly cut the snake in half, blood all over his hands, a bit on his face.

"I'M HUMAN!! I'M HUMAN! YOU'RE NOT MY MASTER!! I'M HUMAN!"

Y/N screamed and repeated those words. After cutting the snake, he stared down at it. He continued to pant and puff, desperate for breath as he started stabbing it recklessly.

Suddenly, his arm was grabbed. He shot his head up with wide eyes.

A mask with painted black lips. . . Shaggy brown hair. . . A yellow coat. .

Masky. . .

Masky got down on one knee, letting go of y/n's arm and instead grabbing his face a bit roughtly. Y/N flinched, feeling his cheeks get squished a bit harshly.

"I think it's dead enough. Don't you?" He asked in a calm, collected tone as he gently wiped the blood off of y/n's face with a handkerchief.

Y/N stared in shock, feeling his gentle yet aggressive touch. He slapped Masky's hand away and backed up a bit. "G- Get away!" He yelled.

Masky rolled his eyes and took a step closer. "Don't be stubborn, boy." He said, grabbing y/n's arm, firm in his grip as he pulled him closer, wiping his hands off as well. This time, y/n didn't pull away. He only watched.

"I haven't seen such riotous acts from someone so young in awhile. . . My, my. . ." Masky shook his head and stuffed the bloody cloth into his pocket. "Are you okay? Why are you out here screaming you're human?" Masky asked.

Y/N looked down, holding the back of his hurting hand. He looked closer to it, seeing what seemed to be the beginning of a strange . . . bruise-? It was a red marking of a circle with a cross in it. It burned and stung. He hid his hand from Masky.

"Because I'm human, but some people don't think so. . . They treat me and my brother like we're monsters. . I'm tired of it.." Y/N replied. It was a believable lie. Masky would surely think he was crazy if he said anything about a vivid dream that made him go mad.

"Well, are you human?"

Y/N looked up at Masky. "Of course I am! What kind of question is that?!" Y/N asked. Masky looked over to the chopped up carcass of the snake. It would've been chopped to grain it he hadn't stopped y/n.

"I don't think humans are capable of killing snakes with almost their bare hands. Not to mention a child." Masky stated. He knows y/n doesn't know that the type of snake he killed is very dangerous.

"I'm. . . I'm just a skilled human.." Y/N said, gently running his fingers over the red mark on the back of his hand.

Masky grabbed y/n's burning hand and inspected it closely. He seemed to gasp a bit.

"What? What's wrong?" Y/N asked.

"What's the real reason you're out here?"

Y/N went silent. Should he really say? He would look crazy, though.

"If you don't tell me the truth, I'll kill you."

Y/N gasped and looked up at Masky, who looked very serious. Y/N shook a bit.

"I just- I uhm- I had a bad dream. . . Someone. . I don't know who. . They just. . . They said I wasn't human, and when I told them to shut up, they said they were my master. I don't have a master!" Y/N explained, looking away.

Masky seemed shocked as he mumbled something to himself. His attitude towards y/n seemed to change a bit. Y/N caught one of his faint mumbles.

"At such a young age. . ? But then again, a few are younger so. . ."

What was that supposed to mean? Masky shook his head. "Listen. You'll be fine. I don't know who told you not being human wasn't okay, but they were wrong. You're just better than them." Masky's mask lifted, revealing he was smiling. Y/N gave a wobbly smile back. "Better? Better than Ban.. better than Tom.. better than.. everyone..?" Y/N asked. Masky nodded and ruffled his hair before standing up.

"You're going to see your purpose as a monster soon. Hang in there until then." Masky waved and began to walk off.

Y/N nodded and smiled, waving, even though he knew Masky couldn't see. He quickly ran back home with a smile on his face.

Different. . . Better. . .

Is being a monster really as beneficial as Masky says?