War Zone

Wondering around on the other side of the abandoned bridge, all that was in view was forestry and the small path for the train tracks.

Y/N jumped around excitedly despite the giant buckets of water in his hands.

"Y/N, calm down or you'll spill our water." Helen said. "I got it, I got it! I wont spill either of our buckets! I know you're a little weak, so let your super cool, strong, best friend do all the work!" Y/N said proudly, running ahead of everyone. Helen only shook his head at the statement.

Now, y/n is singing while wondering around. He and Helen have parted with Jonathan and Carmelo. They were about to have a war.

Despite Helen and y/n being together, it was a solo war. Everyone against everyone. No teaming. Helen was too weak to carry his own bucket of water for his water gun, so y/n and Helen are deciding on bases together.

"I like this area. Here is fine." Helen finally says. Y/N sets down a bucket of water and takes own of the water guns from Helen's hands. "Thank you, y/n." Helen thanks. "No promblem, broski!" Y/N says before running away.

He finds his own base before using his walkie-talkie.

"Y/N is in position, over." Y/N said, giggling to himself. "Right, everyone ready?" Jonathan asks.

"Yes."

"Heck yeah!"

"I'm beating you all!"

"Right then... three..

Two..

One..

Go!"

Y/N knows where Helen's base is. He decides to spare his best friend. Killing him this early into the game would be no fun.

He runs past Helen, who shrinks behind a bush quickly. This is a war zone.

There's no going back now.

Now, y/n is behind a tree as he waits and watches. There. There is a little blueberry haired boy stalking around with a water gun in his hands.

This was his chance. All he needed was for Carmelo to come a little bit closer... and. . .

"GOT YOU!"

"AHHHH!"

The first stand off begins. Carmelo vs. Y/N. Carmelo ducks behind a tree, a bit wet. He shoots y/n in the chest, the bullets graze y/n. Y/N hisses in pain dramatically.

"You're gonna pay for that!" Y/N yells.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah!"

Jonathan appears out of the blue and shoots Carmelo to the ground. He screams and blocks his head. Y/N laughs historically as he watches from afar.

"CARMELO IS OUT!"

"DAMNIT!"

Carmelo sits up and shakes his head to dry off like a dog. He sits in a clearing, his gun beside him.

Now, it's a standoff between Jon and y/n.

Helen is watching from afar. He doesnt know what to do. Should he intervene and backstab, or take on the last one standing? He has to make up his mind quickly.

. . . .

What was that?

Helen doesn't hesitate to whip his head back and point his gun.

He regrets it. . .

His eyes widen with fear and he feels as if he's a statue. Him? It cant be... What is he doing here?

They both stand silent and still as if one simple movement was the end. Helen was debating if he should run or scream for y/n to save him.

He quickly looks to y/n and back again. The masked man from the night before seemed to flinch at the movement.

". . . What.. What are you playing..?" He asks, his white mask moving a bit as he spoke. Helen backs away a bit, still crouching and afraid. Y/N and Jon are still fighting. Their guns will run out soon.

"We're shooting each other with waterguns..." Helen says softly. Maybe if he strikes a conversation he will have enough time for y/n to run out of water and come running his way.

"You dont seem to be." The masked man says, sitting down. "Of course I'm not. I'm watching from afar. I'm not sure if I should do a cleanup, or face the final opponent." Helen explains, getting a bit calmer. He didnt expect to see this murderer again, but he didnt seem very bad. For now. . .

"Either way, you'll have to fight to final person. It depends on their skill if you'll be able to win or not." They explain.

"I know I'm not going to win. I'm not very active, not like them. They run quickly and dodge even quicker. The only thing I'm good at is hiding." Helen sighs. He isnt very disappointed that he'll lose. It's just a game to him.

"Then use that to your advantage. Take the last person by surprise. Hide until he's near, then kill him." The man explains. Helen nods in head.

"I'm Helen, by the way. Does this mean you're not going to kill me?" Helen asks. The man chuckles. "Of course I'm not going to kill you. The other night my intention wasnt to kill you either. I'm Masky." Masky introduces. Helen narrows his eyes at Masky, wondering what the true motive was behind everything if it wasnt for murder.

Masky, seeming to get the hint, explains. "Someone very. . .dear. . . to me and another has left our. . . Job. The twitching one has left our "group" and we wanted to do something like old times." Masky explained.

"You've lost someone dear to you? I've lost someone dear to me. I was framed. . . For his murder. . . I hope I never lose y/n. He's very dear to me." Helen says, remembering Phil. His very best friend. It brought sadness to him and he did not like the memories of stillness. Masky ruffles Helen's already tangled hair. "Yes, hang on to him. Thought sometimes I'm relieved I don't see Toby, other times I miss him." Masky explains.

"YES!! NOW, WHERE'S HELEN?"

The sudden scream scares Helen. He doesn't dare to stand up from his bush as y/n runs the opposite direction to fill his gun back up.

"This is your chance. Hide somewhere unexpected and take him out." Masky says. Then he waves and leaves.

Yet, he's still observing from afar.