My Sunshine | Prologue

"Boys, we're moving out."

"WHAT?!"

"Keep on breaking them~"

The two boys couldn't believe it. Moving out? No! They couldn't! They've lived in this neighborhood since the main protagonist was little, so moving out was a big deal. All his life, he's went to the same school and had the same friends. He's watched people come and go, and now it was his turn. Except he didn't want it to be his turn. He wanted to stay!

"Come on, mom. It's summer! Why-" The boy was cut off by his father, who shook his head. Parents never listen, do they? It's what y/n hated about being a kid. No, let me correct myself. A teenager, now. Newly thirteen and y/n was excited.

"Almost over summer! You've got about a week left of it! You've spent enough time with your friends this summer, so I don't wanna hear it!" His father said, making both of the boys sulk. Y/N was a social boy, so he frequently had his friends over for sleepovers. But no girls! His mother's words, not his. She didn't like the fact that once, once, he spent the night a girls house and came back with painted nails. Y/N personally liked them, but became ashamed of that fact once his mother saw them.

"What, you say? Their hearts~"

"Hurray and go pack, boys! We're leaving soon." His mother claimed. Letting out a rugged sigh, y/n and his little brother Carmelo, went to pack.

XXX

Y/N wished that moving wasn't a thing. He wished that once you picked a home, you couldn't move out. If it broke, it'd become fixed by the government or something. He didn't know, he just wanted to stay.

Yet he still packed his bags in the back of his mother's white Toyota car, and help put furniture in the back of his father's red Chevrolet truck. He watched as his uncle and father stuck bedframes on the trailer, and couches too. He dreaded it the whole time. The giant moving truck even more so. His uncle was a jolly man, his rounded figure helped. Carmelo personally didn't like him, the answer was unknown. Whenever that man was around, Carmelo would stick close to his older brother.

As they got into the truck, Carmelo sat behind his father, wary of the man in the passenger seat. He kept y/n close, but not suspiciously close. He didn't want anyone to know that his older brother was basically his body guard. His sparky attitude wouldn't let him.

"Sunshine!" Y/N called, hurriedly opening the truck door again. His golden retriever rushed to the door, wagging her tail excitedly. Y/N patted the seat. "Come on! Hop up!" He smiled. Sunshine rushed into the seat, jumping all over y/n as he struggled to close the door. Giggling, y/n calmed his furry friend down. Now Sunshine lay in his lap, her golden fur flows as her owner pets her.

The air was calm. The sun shined brightly, making anyone sweat if not around a fan or air conditioner. Flowers bloomed and bees collected pollen. The trees flourished with green and the birds flew where they desired. Y/N wishes he was a bird, for then he would not have to move. He'd build a house and stay there forever with his bird friends. They'd move south together when Winter came round, then go back to their humble homes.

"Keep on shattering them~!"

Y/N wished that this new house was a temporary one. Sadly, that wasn't the case. They needed to pack all of their things in one go because the house is an hour away from their original one. That means the two boys had to go to a different school. They were not excited about that one bit. They were, however, excited that uniforms were not a need in this new school. It provided a small amount of comfort.

Getting bored of staring out the window, y/n turned his head and watched Carmelo play games on his phone. The mobile horror game 'Granny'. Y/N was never one for horror, it never rested in his head correctly, resulting to a night of terror, but this game was okay. It wasn't truly scary. Carmelo was the opposite. He loved horror, gore, blood, guts, and murder. He could watch someone rip out another's insides and smile as he chewed popcorn.

"What, you say?"

"Once we're settled in, I'm going to invite the neighbors over for a barbecue." Y/N's dad announces. Carmelo let out a small groan, resting his head on y/n's shoulder as he continued to play his game. "Seriously? Just when I thought this couldn't get any worse." Carmelo grumbled. Y/N felt the same. He didn't want to see the neighbors at this moment. He wanted to go home.

"Their hearts?"

Hung on his thoughts, he didn't realize the arrival of his new home until the radio stopped and his father greatly announced it. He stared at the creamy colored house with a black tiled roof. It was a one-story along with the one to its right, while the one on its left was a two-story. Y/N could already imagine what kind of neighbors he had, his mind filling with negative thoughts as his brother's did the same. They exchanged looks, each of their eyes pleading to be sent back.

They knew that it'd take work to get comfortable here.

"Nah, their spirits."

XXX

Special thank you to LittleRam_, who helped me make this story! This book would've taken longer to release without his help, so please follow and support him!