Jonathan

Brrrrr. Tap. Brum brrrrrrrrr. Boom bam bam. Brrrrr.

"Tonight, you're falling in love. Let me go now."

Y/N is playing drums against the objects he passes in the halls. He also drums on Helen too, but gently because he doesn't want to hurt or annoy him. Helen is a mile deep in his sketchbook, trying to focus, but can't. Not because y/n is gently beating his fingers against him, because y/n is more hyper than usual.

"This feeling's tearing me up. Here we go now."

Y/N is more bubbly and excited today. Helen is curious. What is going on today? A big event? A birthday party? A trip to an amusement park? Helen finally decides to ask what the hype is about.

"Helen, are you interested in making a new friend?"

"Now, if she does it like this, will you do it like that?"

After the question, y/n starts to sing again. Today he seems to take a like to Shake It by Metro Station. Everyone is supposed to be quite and grumpy in the mornings, but y/n is as hyper as ever. More hyper than a usual human being would ever be. Did y/n take candy this morning, or is he just excited that his day with Judy is over?

"No. I don't want anymore." Helen answers, closing his sketchbook to walk properly. "What if I told you they're into art? Just not the drawing kind." Y/N asks. Helen's ear rung at the word art. Is this what y/n is so hyper about? Helen making new friends? It wasn't something to get so excited about.

"Now, if she touches like this, will you touch her right back?"

"If they're as hyper as you, no. I'll pass." Helen says, taking a seat at his desk. "They're like a mix of you and me! He's like... normal!" Y/N says excitedly. Helen stares at y/n. He believes y/n is strange. That was the weirdest way to describe someone. He didn't say any cool traits, abilities, or looks, just normal.

"I think you two will get along greatly! I believe he's the friend you need! Then, you'll be free of me, remember?" Y/N smiles.

"Y/N." Helen says a bit sternly. This weird talk again! Helen does not like this talk. He wants it to be over with; and he cant believe y/n still believes it!

"Yeah?"

"You're speaking nonsense. You're being foolish, again. I can not get rid of you. Stop it." Helen demands, yet his voice is still monotone. Y/N smiles, his eyes lighting up with joy. He opens his arms and reaches out for Helen, but is quickly rejected.

"Do not hug me, please."

"Got it!"

Y/N is very happy. He cannot contain his excitement, but he must, as class has started. Once again, Helen can see that y/n is vibrating with joy.

Lunch comes round and y/n is so excited, he could run in circles for hours. In fact, he asks to play a game. He is rejected by Helen, as usual, but he doesn't care. Y/N's grabs imaginary hands, like Helen is there with him, and starts to run around in circles. "Ring around the rosie~! A pocket full of posie~! Ashes! Ashes! We all fall down~!" Y/N giggles excitedly, falling onto the grass. He rolls around for a few moments before hopping up. Helen looks at him as he does it a few more times.

"Okay! Okay! Stay here, Helen! I'll go get them!" Y/N says, staring down at his phone for a moment. He texts the mysterious person before running off. Helen can hear y/n yelling to stay still in the distance. Helen rolls his eyes.

Helen waits for a few minutes, staring at the same spot he lost view of y/n like a lost puppy. He's gotten used to having y/n around him at all times. It's so quiet. He's used to it only being quiet at his house, not at school. He feels a little lonely. He debates if he should get up, but chooses against it. No way he'd find y/n in the crowds full of hungry children!

Helen exhales deeply before opening his backpack to pull out his sketchbook.

'You found me!'

Helen stares at the note blankly. Y/N never gives up, does he? Turning it around, Helen could see the familiar numbers. Helen does not know when y/n stuck it in his bag. He is a sly fox.

Y/N appears again, but this time he's talking and laughing with someone else. They have dark brown hair that almost went to their shoulders and light brown eyes. They had ripped jeans and a red shirt. Y/N pointed to Helen, who's attention was gained.

They sit down and y/n finally introduces Helen to the stranger. Helen recognizes the boy from a few days ago. It was the same boy y/n showered with compliments as he helped pick up papers.

"Helen, this is Jonathan! Jonathan, this is Helen! And I'm y/n!" Y/N introduces, giggling at his self introduction. "Hey, there." Jonathan smiles, offering his hand to shake. Helen shakes Jonathan's hand and mumbles a hello.

"Helen is a freaky good artist! He's gonna be famous when he grows up!" Y/N says, crossing his legs. "Jonathan likes theater, and he's in the drama club! He's totally gonna be a famous actor, and play in a lot of movies!" Y/N brags. Jonathan chuckles. "Let's not get crazy now, y/n. You sure are a ball of energy." Jonathan states. Jonathan is not as hyper as y/n, and he is glad. Maybe they were going to get along greatly.

"Now if she moves like this, will you move it like that?"

"For a ball of energy, he sure has a great singing voice, huh?" Jonathan asks. Helen nods, now focusing on his drawing. He's used to y/n's hyper activities, so y/n is no longer distracting. . . Sometimes. Helen still has to put his foot down here and there.

"C'mon! Shake, shake! Shake, shake, shake it!"

"I wanna make song with him, but he seems to like more hyper music than calm." Jonathan states, staring at y/n who didn't pay attention to them. He still sat criss-crossed, but bounced his head up and down and side to side. "Trust me, once he calms down a bit he'll start singing a slow song." Helen replies dully.

"Y/N. Please be quite." Helen says finally, getting a little annoyed. He wouldn't mind if he wasn't drawing, but he was, and talking to someone! He just couldn't handle it at the moment. Y/N continues to sing, but more quietly. He begins to pay attention to the conversation taking place instead of being in his own world.

"I like the idea of y/n making original music. He voice is soothing when he isn't being a nuthead." Helen says. Y/N is taken aback, pretending he didn't hear the 'nuthead' part.

Y/N has tears pricking his eyes as he gently tackles Helen into a hug. He howls the name, rubbing his face into Helen's shoulder. "Do not hug me, please." Helen says, done with y/n today. Y/N has been too hyped for no reason. Helen believes y/n does eat candy in the mornings.

"You compliment me so much, today!" Y/N sobs. His face is quickly reject by Helen, who pushes it away in discomfort.

"Don't cry," Helen says lazily, cupping the sniffling boy's face and wiping the non-fallen tears. "There's no reason to cry."

"Helen, you're my best friend! I love you so much!" Y/N says. "Yeah, yeah." Helen sighs. He bites back a smile.

"You two are dorks." Jonathan chuckles. Y/N smiles, sitting criss-crossed and happy again. "Y/N is an idiot." Helen replies, setting y/n's phone number paper into y/n's lap. Y/N pays no attention to it, knowing he'll sneak it into Helen's backpack before the end of the day. He scratches the back of his head.

"Yeah, I know!"