(STC) Chapter 24: Atlas...

Start from the beginning

I looked down at Crownslayer, who seemed to have received my message, and used her Smoke Arts to cover her retreat. I used this opportunity to leave the area. There is no need to intervene into one's matters unless you could gain some sort of advantage from it.

And then I started my descent and headed towards my soldiers.

"Kaiser Rye is a formidable opponent with his Arts. Without it, he is just a mere child who doesn't know how to use a fork."

Even Koshchei enjoys ridiculing him.

"He isn't capable of winning a fair fight." I remarked while I walk down an endless staircase.

"He usually turns the tide of battle in his favor."

He executes his plans poorly. He is often forced to improvise...

"But he does that pretty well doesn't he?"

Until you break his guard...

BLEEP!*

I press a button on my earpiece which was still lodged in my ear.

"Is it Crownslayer?" I asked.

"Yes it is." The assassin replied. "Kaiser Rye has backup. By the looks of it they look like sitting ducks."

"Don't attack them." I say while I finish my descent on the stairs.

"I am able to make quick work of the man with the rabbit if you want." She proposed as I exit the building and entered a clearing full of dead soldiers.

"Leave them. You can kill them in the future, but not-" I recommend.

"Wait..." Crownslayer whispered as I hear the yells of a male individual.

"What is it?" I inquired as I walked down the street.

"Kaiser Rye left the rabbit and the other person." She informed.

"Where is he headed?"

"In your direction."

Are you serious?

I closed the call and continued walking down the street ignoring the beeps of the earpiece.

"He's coming." Koshchei warned.

If he was smart would just leave...

"The two of us know that he won't."

I closed my eyes as I let out a groan. I lift my head up towards the sky as I breathe in the surrounding air. It reeked off rotting flesh, sweat, blood and dirty air.

Then I heard the sound of footsteps hitting cracked pavement. Then their volume increased ever so slightly until they finally stopped.

Why is he here?

I took a deep breath before opening my eyes.

"Hi Talulah."

Go away...

"It's been a while."

Just go...

"How have you been?"

I turn around to see Kaiser Rye standing there with a forced smile. He was way too close for comfort. I can tell that he's speechless right now given his tense countenance.

His appearance was anticipated given his quick battle with Crownslayer: blood stained his clothes, rips lined his body, scarf torn to shreds. I could see an Originium crystal slowly eroding the side of his neck stationed right under his current ones. His horns were missing, tail gone; his fervor disappeared when he lost them.