|30| 𝙰 𝚏𝚎𝚞𝚍𝚜 𝚎𝚗𝚍 ✔︎

The once silence that had enveloped the mansion was shattered as Avril Lavigne's Complicated blasted through the rooms and once peaceful atmosphere.

Harper's fluffy socks slid across the kitchen floor, the bowl containing pancake mix swished as she screwed her eyes shut, the spoon clasped firmly in her hand as the room morphed into her stage. Still loitering in her pyjamas and her hair thrown into a messy bun, her body swayed to music. Her pent up frustrations and anxiety fading for a brief second as her voice merged with Avril's.

She poured the mix into the pan, her hips swaying as she belted the lyrics. The music had been so loud she almost didn't hear her phone ring. Harper frowned as she lowered the volume of the speaker, her hand blindly reaching out to grasp the phone beside it.

" Come on" she urged as she leaned over the counter, her gaze kept flickering to the pancake batter in the pan. Her fingers skimmed the cover, her balance relying on one foot as she stretched. Her teeth bit on her bottom lip in determination as the phone buzzed.

Harper let out a shout of victory as she felt the device in her hand. Her smile was bright as she swiped the answer button. It was Donna. Harper wondered why she had called when the all too familiar smell and sound she was dreading filled her sense.

Harper yelped as she dropped her phone. " MY PANCAKES!" she screeched as she took the pan off the stove. Her lips fell into a pout as she fanned the smoke away.

" HARPER!"

Harper jumped at her name. She mentally scolded herself for forgetting she had Donna on the line. She picked up the phone, Donna's authoritative tone filling her ears.

" Donna, hey, what's up?" she said sheepishly as she went around the kitchen to open up the windows.

" Harper we don't have much time to chat right now, it would be better to explain it to you in person. We need you back at the tower, something came up"

Harper froze, her smile slipping off her face as Donna spoke. Harper glanced at the clock before rushing to her bedroom.

" I'm on my way. "