|12| 𝙶𝚘 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕 ✔︎

" Why did they go after Dr. Light by themselves in the first place?" Donna spoke, her voice dripping with disappointment but her worry for the girl who was like her sister shadowed her dismay.

" I don't know. Gar said it was some sort of redemption for Jason and that Harper went along to make sure they wouldn't get killed."

" Yeah well now she could be dead for all we know." Hank snapped. He was infuriated at the boys. Sure he may not have liked them but now his dislike increased after Dick had told them Harper was missing.

" There must be 20 to 30 miles of tunnel down there. Maybe more." Dawn spoke as Dick pulled up the map of the tunnels system so they could find Harper.

" We can't cover all this ground in one night." Hank spoke up.

" Which is why I've redirected the satellite to the area. Harper is smart she'll find a way to get to us."he said, whether he was trying to convince himself or the others, they needed to hold onto the hope that Harper, wherever she was would be okay. " Hopefully we can pinpoint her exact location from there. Gar and Rachel will monitor it from here."

" Dammit Harper. Can't stop playing hero can she." Hank mumbled.

Harper was restrained to a chair. Her arms and legs were shackled so she couldn't pull off the same stunt as earlier. Both Dr. Light nor Ryder had liked being made a fool out of, which resulted in Harper getting a beating. One of the many her smart mouth had brought upon her.

She had a blindfold over her eyes as well as earphones preventing her from seeing or listening into the conversation happening infront of her. She couldn't see, hear or move and that terrified her. She didn't know what they were planning and she wasn't sure how long she could fight before she was deemed useless and would be killed.

Harper wasn't going to last much longer.

" Guys, I got something." Dick said as he told the remainder of the old Titans through the coms link in his ear.

They had decided to check the tunnels to see if they could pick up any signal on where Harper could be.

" She's not moving." Dawn spoke, her worry shining through. They were all on edge, as they feared the worse for the girl who they all loved.

Harper was the glue that held them together. No matter how much they fought she was always their to diffuse the tension. Harper was their friend, a sister and they hated every moment that she wasn't with them.

They stopped in their tracks as they saw the man tied to a pole. " It's Dr. Light." Dick said as he lifted his head before letting it drop.

" Well, if Dr. Light is dead, where the hell is Harper?" Hank snapped, fear laced his voice at the thought of the brunette getting hurt.

Their heads swivelled to the man's pockets as they heard a cell phone ring.Dick pulled it out as they stared at it for a minute before answering.

" I see you found my gift."

" It's Deathstroke." His voice laced with venom. Their eyes darkened as they feared the outcome of the girl. " Where's Harper?"

" Oh, you mean your little girlfriend." Deathstroke mocked as he gestured for Ryder to rip the headphones off of Harper's head.

" You could be more gentle brother." Her exhausted laugh filtered through the device. The group shared similar expressions when they heard confirmation that not only was Harper alive and being detained but her brother who only recently they discovered was alive was working with Deathstroke.

They jumped when they heard the sound of punching and Harper's grunts and groans. " Leave her the hell alone you bastard. Or I swear to God I'll kill you!" Hank screamed as the rest flinched when they heard Harper whimper.

" What do you want Slade?" Dick spoke, his heart breaking as each second ticked by.

They heard Harper gasp as Ryder grabbed her throat." As I was saying, if you want her back, hand over Rose."

Dick swallowed, he couldn't hand over Rose. He knew Slade would kill her in seconds but he also couldn't let Harper die. He wouldn't let that happen.

" And how do we know you're gonna keep your promise." Dick questioned as he heard Harper begin to cough as she struggled for air.

" Tonight, 3 AM, Embarcadero Plaza. Outside. Use this phone to confirm"

With that being said the line went dead. Harper glared at the men in front of her before she spat.

" Go. To. Hell!"

 Hell!"