|6| 𝚁𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗 ✔︎

Dick had taken the girl out as she had insisted on leaving. Meanwhile Harper accompanied the two boys as they tried to identify who exactly this girl was.

They watched as the screen analysed the girl's features. They huddled around the monitor, Gar basically doing all the hard work while Jason and Harper stood behind him. The robotic voice chimed as a match identified popped onto the screen, revealing the name of the girl with striking silver hair and an attitude that rivaled Jason's.

" Rose Wilson. And that's her dad, Slade Wilson." Gar informed them.

Harper's felt every fibre in her body tense as her eyes bulged at the sudden revelation. Her eyes were fixated on the screen as her hands started to tremble. Her brown orbs that shined with recognition and a hint of fear, never removed itself from the man's face that was displayed on the monitor.  His eyes bored into hers as if he was piercing her soul, a judgemental stare as if he was mocking her from the events he had inflicted in the past. She didn't even realise that the boys were calling out her name as they asked her if she was alright when they saw the paralysed state she had fallen into.

The distant sound of screams and cries reverberated in her head as she felt as if all the air had been knocked out of her.

Her eyes burned with tears. Her brown orbs that glazed over with rage, sadness and horror . A mixture of different emotions consuming her.

She swallowed the lump in her throat before muttering the words of the man that had ruined everything.

" Deathstroke."

" This is insane Dick. No way. She leaves!" Harper growled. Her brown eyes that were usually filled with softness and understanding was now replaced with a glare and glossy look.

" Harper, she has nowhere to go." Dick defended. Harper shook her head as she stared at the man in shock. Had he really forgotten. She suppressed a scoff as her arms folded across her chest.

" You've got to be kidding me Dick. She's Slade's daughter. Deathstroke's daughter. You know what he did. You know what happened to us because of him. And now you want to harbour his spawn. You're unbelievable! "

If it was any other scenario, Harper wouldn't be arguing with him about this. She would have happily taken the girl in but knowing who they were up against by keeping Rose in the Tower, was not only putting them at risk but the rest of the kids. Harper wasn't going to let history repeat itself. Not now, not ever.

" She's not like her father." He meekly responded. The toll that was taken upon the old Titans left them empty. An aching reminder of the events that they had endured. It made matters worse when the daughter of the man who had caused such pain on the group of heroes was staying right down the corridor.

Dick understood her reluctance. He knew damn well why she refused to let Rose to stay. Images of her broken heart and tear stained face plagued his mind. The endless hours he spent trying to comfort her as the holes in their hearts would always remain. An open wound battling to heal.

Slade Wilson had destroyed the Titans by murdering Garth, their friend.

“ I don't care. Look I know better than anyone that you love taking in strays. I get it, I do, but this Dick. We lost so much last time we delt with him. We limped away. I won't go down the same road twice.”

“ I’m not kicking her out.” He told her firmly.

Harper groaned in frustration. There was no way she could make him budge about this. When he was set on something nothing could persuade him, not even her.

" Look-"

Dick's response was cut short as a beeping from the monitor drew their attention to the screen. The tension hadn't subsided, more so just reverted for now. Their eyes landed on the camera that displayed the remaining members of the previous Titans. Hank, Donna and Dawn stood outside as the group waited to begin their next problem.

" Great." Harper mumbled. She wasn't sure how they were going to react to the place they had thought was completely behind them. Hell, Harper was still trying to get over the bone chilling past that was eteched around the walls.

Harper sighed giving Dick one last look before she turned around to go greet her friends.

" You know, you never acted like this with Jericho." Dick spoke.

Her steps froze. Her shoulders squared as she refused to turn around and look at him. He knew the only way for her to understand that Rose wasn't a bad person compared to her father was to make sure it would hurt Harper where he knew would be her weak spot. And that happened to be a boy by the name of Jericho Wilson.

" You don't get to say that. Not to me. Jericho was different, you know that. " she gritted out. Her face morphed into a one of pain as the young boy with soft brown eyes, black hair and a bright smile flashed across her mind.

" Was he?"

Harper just shook her head. Her eyes closed for a second as she tried desperately to regain her composure. She raised her head as she turned around, their eyes locking.

" You know damn well he was the best of us. " she uttered before the sound of the door opening and closing announced her departure.

Dick  stared after her as the boy who wore a beanie and smiled as if the world had became his own personal garden. The boy that embodied pure innocence and who had changed the lives of the old Titans forever.

 The boy that embodied pure innocence and who had changed the lives of the old Titans forever