|5| 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜, 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 ✔︎

After Dick had a lengthy conversation with the girl after she had woken up, Harper had found him back in the monitor room. She walked in and stood next to him as they watched the playback from the news report silently. Their thoughts running wild.  She offered him a coffee she had made minutes prior, a silent exchange that left a hint of a smile on their lips. He sent her a small grateful look as he pressed a delicate kiss to her temple before the two sipped on their steaming beverages.

Harper heard the door slide open as she felt another presence enter the room. " Is she gone?" Rachel's voice filled the once quiet atmosphere.

" She's in her room."

With the sudden return of Dr. Light, this new mystery girl, Ryder and all the other issues the group were currently facing. Harper was beginning to worry that they were completely unprepared for all of this chaos. That they were taking a bigger bite than they could chew.

Problem after problem arised. And they wanted to solve them all, but Harper was scared that they wouldn't be able too. And in the process, they would end up destroying whatever they had built.

" Sounds like she's staying."

Dick shrugged as he looked at the purple haired teen who had a shiny red gem in the middle of her forehead. The same girl they had met in Detroit when she had thrown a brick at a cop car. The same girl who had caused all of these events that led up to their current moments.

" Maybe not. She's pretty intent on leaving."

" Look, I know it seems uncomfortable, the idea of a stranger joining our family. But you guys have to trust that we know-"

Rachel cut off Dick as they two adults looked at her in surprise. " I think it's a great idea."

" Really?"

" It's what you guys do. Face it, you can't resist a bird with a broken wing. " She smiled.

" I wouldn't say I can't." Dick said as Harper just shook her head.

" Come on. You guys helped me. You helped Gar."

" I didn't help Jason" Dick cut in but Rachel was quick to fire back.

" Harper did. You always said she was the one who deals with the toughest tasks." The trio chuckled at her comment. " This is the reason you restarted Titans isn't it? So people like us and her, whoever she is, can have a home."

" This is different Rachel." He denied.

" How?" She questioned.

" When you came to me you wanted help. You accepted Harper's help. She doesn't." He said looking at the image of the mystery girl.

" Maybe she doesn't know it." Rachel persisted. " Or can't admit it. It's pretty obvious she needs help. That's what you guys do best. You're good at it." She told them softly.

Rachel made her exit after that as she left the two adults to stare after her as her words echoed in their heads.

" She's not wrong though." Harper told him. They shared a small smile, looking at the screen.

Now it was time to do what was right. They only hoped to would be the right decision in the end.

 They only hoped to would be the right decision in the end