|25| 𝙲𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚊 𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚊 𝚅𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚊 𝙿𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚛𝚍 ✔︎

The party was in full swing when Harper had pulled into the entrance. She smirked lightly as she took in the bright lights and loud chatter of the mingling guests who stood outside as well as the music that could be heard from the foyer.

A young man with shaggy blonde hair came to the door, his posture held in a bow as she smiled at him lightly before getting out of the vehicle, her hand dangling the keys over his outstretched hand.

She was hesitant before she lightly placed the keys into his palm. Her eyes narrowed as he tightened his grip on it.

" If there is even so much as of a single scratch on this car I will make it my personal mission to find you and gut you open and string you up with your intestines, you understand?"

The young valet driver who didn't even look older that 19 quivered under her glare as he gulped. He nodded his head as he squeaked out a yes. Harper's glare immediately disappeared as she shot him a grin before grabbing her purse and making her way to the door.

Two gaurds stood outside, blocking those from entering. Harper made a move to walk past but one of them raised his hand. " Not so fast ma'am. You need an invite to enter."

Harper had forged an invite prior to her arrival but seeing as the men were double her size she wanted to toy with them a little. " Do you not know who I am?" She feighed anger. The two gaurds shared looks before looking at her unamused.

" My name is Coralena Nova Valeria Pollard. Emily Pollard, your mayor is my aunt. And you dare deny me access to the very party I helped arranged. I'll have you fired for this."

She had never seen two men the size of statues cower with fear right before her. " We didn't know the mayor had a niece." One of them uttered. Harper sent him a sharp glare causing his mouth to clamp shut. " Yet she does, and if you don't let me though I'll revoke you of ever getting a job again." The two burly men stepped aside with frantic nods, she scrummage in her purse before taking out the fake invite and placing it between her fingers. She raised her head, a smug smile pulled at her stained lips.

" Very well then, you can keep your jobs. Here's your stupid invitation as well."

She pushed the invite into the chest of the gaurd, his hands grabbing it instantly as Harper strutted forward. When she got inside she let out a laugh. She couldn't believe she had just done that.

The inside of the foyer looked straight out of a movie. A chandelier hung from the dome shaped ceiling. Streamers and banners were draped elegantly along the walls. Tables were scattered around the hall, each having atleast three people with a drink in hand as they talked amongst each other. Men and women alike were dressed to their finest. Men wearing fine tuxedos and suits while women wore vast amounts of dresses, each with their own style and colour. A waiter came up to her offering her a glass of champagne. Taking it from him she muttered a small thank you before bringing the glass to her lips.