|22| 𝙻𝚒𝚊𝚛 ✔︎

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

" I lied"

Harper sat next to Donna as Dick confronted them about the real truth that happened with Jericho. The secret that he had carried for years on end. The one that led to their untimely demise.

" I lied to you guys because I was afraid you'd leave this place...and me. And if that happened there would be no Titans." He spoke as he looked at the teenagers.

His gaze landed on the adults as he felt  the guilt on his shoulders when he saw their sullen looks and the tears building up in their eyes.

" And I lied to you too. I told you that Jericho was dead when I got to the church but he wasn't. He was alive. " His shoulders dropped as he remembered when Jericho had stood in the way of his father and took a blade to his chest so Dick would survive. " He died trying to save me from his father. I'm sorry. You all deserved more."

Harper had never felt so betrayed. So hurt. Dick had been keeping such a massive secret from her, from them all. After everything, all that they had been through. The promises to tell each other everything. Did it mean nothing to him. Did he not trust her. She saw the anguish on all their faces, the sadness that enveloped them at the lies that had finally came into the light.

Harper shook her head as anger seeped into her bones. She stood up, feeling all eyes on her as she moved towards Dick. He uncrossed his arms as he saw the anger and heartbreak in her eyes.

" I'm sorry Harper." He whispered.

Harper shook as she looked at the man in front of her. The rest of them looked at the couple, they figured that no matter how Harper felt, she would never hurt Dick, but they were wrong.

In one swift movement Harper's fist connected with Dick's cheek. " You lying piece of shit! How could you keep this from us!" She screamed as Dick clutched his bleeding nose. He couldn't look her in the eyes. " Look at me you bastard. After everything, it was you. You and your filthy lies. What else have you kept from us, huh. TELL ME!"

Hank stood up and gently tugged her behind him. He knew she would regret this later on but they were so angry that they turned a blind eye on the matter.

" My brother is dead because of you." Rose spat as she glared at Dick. She suddenly stood up, her eyes never leaving his. " I'm out."

They watched her leave before Jason stood up next. " I'm going with her."

Harper looked at him with blurry eyes as she held her knuckles which were throbbing from the punch.  " Jason-"

" I'm sorry Harper. But I can't do this anymore. You guys don't decide what I do anymore. I'll stay in touch." And just like that, he was gone. Harper watched him leave after Rose, her heart breaking even more.

" I'm out too." Donna spoke as she gently hugged Harper before walking out. Rachel jumped from her position on the counter as everyone looked at her. " I'm going with Donna." 

Gar looked at her in disbelief as Dick realised he was losing everyone after all.  The one thing he feared the most was happening right before him.

Hank and Dawn were the next to leave. With one last look to the heartbroken brunette they were gone as well. The last three individuals in the room glanced at the brunette.

" You know after everything. We wouldn't have hated you if you had told us the truth. Because now, the one thing you hoped to avoid has become a reality." Harper whispered as she looked at Dick. " I've always had your back. We always looked out for one another. We told each other everything. But yet again, Dick Grayson lied. The only damn thing he knows how to do. " She shook her head, it was all too much for her.

" Harper-"

" No, no you messed up Dick. This was on you. You could have told me. I could have helped you. But-" She choked as tears made their way into her eyes.

" This isn't over Dick. I love you and I won't stop. I just can't be here, not now. Until you sort your shit out. I'm going back to Star City. " She said before she leaned in and kissed his cheek in goodbye. She waved at Kory who smiled sadly back.

Harper left to her room before Gar suddenly ran up to her and hugged her. She returned his hug with just as much force. He buried his head in the crook of her neck as she rubbed her hand up and down his back soothingly. She felt her shirt dampen as she pulled the boy tighter.

" I promise I'll be back Gar. It won't be long. " She consoled. " I'm only a phone call away. If you need anything, if you just want to talk. I'll be there."

She felt him nod but she knew he was hurting. He lost everyone in a short span of time. " I love you Garfield Logan. My little brother."

She pulled away as she wiped his tears. She smiled sadly as she hugged him one last time. " Look after him alright. "

Gar nodded as he watched the brunette grab her bags and leave the room.

She was gone,  just like the rest of them.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.