|23| 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚎𝚍𝚢 ✔︎

A small smile tugged at her lips as her hand found the familiar material of the linen draped over her bed. Nothing had changed since the last time the young woman had entered the security of her childhood bedroom. The white wash walls had remained polished, the occasional jagged slit caused by the incision of a dagger. Boredom was dealt differently with heroes. The soft baby blue curtains blew gently as the sun streamed through the bay window that overlooked the garden.

Harper smiled fondly as she placed her duffel bag at the foot of the bed. Her eyes flickered over to the bedside table where two frames stood proudly. She let out a chuckle as she picked up the closest frame. It was a photo of her with Oliver and Dinah. Her and Dinah had wide smiles on their faces as they poked faces at Oliver who looked annoyed but the small smile threatening his demeanour was all too prominent.

Harper shook her head wistfully before looking at the second photo. It was of her and Dick. They were mere teenagers at that time. Harper had Dick pinned to the floor, her head tilted back as her eyes were shut in glee. Dick laid sprawled on his back, his face twisted with annoyance and slight pain. They were sparring when Dinah had found them and took the opportunity of capturing the moment.

Harper's smiled dimmed for a second as her thoughts trailed back to Dick. Her thoughts were a jumbled mess that she didn't hear the soft clicking of heels that approached her room

" We never changed a thing." A familiar voice said from behind her. Harper turned around, her hand placing the picture down. Dinah glanced at it but didn't say anything, choosing to look at her daughter with a gentle smile. Harper let out a small chuckle as she took in Dinah who stood with her arms crossed as she leaned on the doorway. Her blonde curls were pulled in a neat elegant bun on her head, a black cocktail dress clung to her figure as a light coat of make up accentuated her high cheekbones.  Harper lifted a brow,       " You look fancy?"

Dinah chuckled as she smoothed out her dress. Her eyes looked tired, things must have been rough since Harper had left. " Is it too much?"

Harper shook her head as she approached the woman. " You look amazing. But what's the occasion?"

" There's a party being thrown at City Hall. To celebrate the Mayor's successful alliance with the mayor of Central City. "

" When the hell did that happen?" Harper exclaimed.

" They've been planning an alliance for years. One of the main reasons being that the crime rate is so high in both cities, they thought if they joined forces and seeing as the Green Arrow and The Flash have been seen together in multiple occasions, that maybe the rate would decrease."

" So what about Metropolis or Gotham, surely they would be a better alliance. " Harper offered.

" Nah, those two have to many issues plus Batman and Superman. They can barely work together in the Justice League alone. But anyways, Oliver and I got invited, seeing as Oliver knows everyone. We're going to scope it out, means of protection. We've got intel that there could be a potential assassin on the lose. Wouldn't want anything bad happening."