| 1 | 𝙳𝚒𝚛𝚔, 𝚁𝚘𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚘𝚠 ✔

𝐒𝐚𝐧 𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨, 𝐓𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐓𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫

_____________

Harper was sitting at the kitchen counter as she went through files on her brother. Her hand hovered over the mouse as her eyebrows scrunched together in concentration. Harper gnawed on her lip as her shoulders slumped in exhaustion.

Dick and Harper along with the teens had settled into the Titans Tower easily. The adults a bit more reluctantly as they felt the ghosts of their past slowly creep up on them. Of course, Jason had taken an immediate liking towards the training facility located in the building, which honestly didn't surprise Harper. As he was always training and as he liked to put it. " Can't be the next Batman if you are looking like the Penguin."

A reference that made absolutely no sense to the brunette but she just brushed it aside seeing as he never made much sense anyway.

Harper opened a file as she read the contents within. Her warm brown eyes darted across the information, soaking it in as her stomach twisted with uncertainty.

Ryder Phoenix, male fugitive,was last seen at his sister Harper Phoenix's apartment in Detroit. An APB has been issued to find the man before any more damage can be done.

Records of previous accounts of arson, theft, the transporting of illegal assault weapons and burglary. Ryder was sentenced to up to twenty years behind bars but three weeks into his sentence he had made an escape. Officials are searching across the globe to find the man but they cannot find his location.

" Hey"

Harper slammed her laptop shut as a voice called from behind her. She swivelled in her seat, looking as Rachel and Dick made their way towards her.

" Hey, what's up?" Harper asked as smiled at the pair. Dick's eyes moved from her face to the laptop as he eyed the device sceptically before returning his gaze to the brunette.

" What were you doing?" He questioned. Harper just shook her head before standing up.

" Nothing much, just research. Operation M.I.A." Harper said.

Rachel looked confused at the code name. " What's operation M.I.A?" She questioned.

Harper had come up with a codename whenever she was doing any sort of investigation about her brother. To make sure what she did remained a secret, the only person she had told about Operation M.I.A was Dick.

Dick drew blank for a second. " Operation M.I.A?"

Harper grumbled under her breath before looking at the boy in disbelief. " Yes, operation M.I.A." She repeated slowly hoping for the boy to realise his idiotic mistake.

He stared at the girl, confusion swimming in his eyes before they widened as his face drew into realisation. " Oh, Operation M.I.A."

Harper chuckled while nodding.           " Operation MIA."

Rachel looked at the two, arching an eyebrow. " Yeah no. I'm not even going to ask." She said as she shook her head.

Harper laughed before looking at the pair. " What did you two want anyway?"

" We're getting coffee. You want some?" Dick asked as he gestured towards Rachel and himself.

Harper glanced at her laptop before looking at Dick. " Sure. I need some fresh air anyways." She said while grabbing her jacket. Rachel and Dick following after her.

 Rachel and Dick following after her

" Got a triple venti mocha for Rochelle, a small coffee for Dirk and an iced caramel macchiato for Harlow."

Harper scoffed at the completely incorrect use of their names as Dick made a move to correct the person behind the counter.

Harper laughed when they looked at Dick like he had grown a second head when he had said his name was Dick and not Dirk.

She grabbed the drinks as she pulled Dick away from the counter.  " Nevermind, let's go Dirk" she joked, emphasising the name.

They sipped on their drinks as they moved to a seat near the window. Harper obviously sitting next to Dick with Rachel sitting across from them.

" So, have you put any thought into our name?" She asked as she sipped on her mocha.

" What do you mean?" Dick asked as he gulped down his coffee. Harper shuddered as she wondered how on earth someone could drink straight black coffee and not die.

" Well, you, Harper, Hank, Dawn and Donna were the Titans. So what are we. The New Titans. Titans 2.0. Titans: The Next Generation?" She fired.

Harper sipped on her drink amused as Rachel continued to fire bizarre names at the couple.

" Look Rach, it doesn't matter what you're called. It matters what you do. We're training for whatever's next. There's never a shortage of people out there who wants to screw things up for the rest of us." He said. Harper rolled her eyes as she remembered him saying the same speech to the old Titans when they had first assembled.

She mocking recited his words as Rachel caught onto her act.

" You know what they say, ' All it takes for evil to succeed-"

Rachel laughed as Harper and her finished his sentence. " Is for good men and women to do nothing."

Dick nodded. " That's it. That's Titans. Good men and women doing nothing."

Rachel shared a look with Harper as she teased the brunette man. " You could put that on a T- Shirt Dirk."

Harper laughed giving the teen a high five.

As the smiles lit up their faces. After three months of calm and happiness in the Tower. Harper believed this was the break they deserved.

Oh how wrong she was going to be.