|11| 𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 ✔︎

Harper's eyes fluttered open. Her body was numb as she tried to identify where exactly she was.

Her head was pounding as she tried to sit up. Red ink stained her mattered hair and bruised face. It was dark, pure black other than the flicker of light, illuminating the confined space she occupied. Her mind was spinning, an overwhelming sense of dread and panic settled deep within her frail and painful limbs. As she felt her body give out for the umpteenth time since the tunnels, her thoughts were swarmed. Her eyes began to flutter shut, the one reassuring thought that boomed over the rest, was that Gar and Jason had made it out and that they would get Dick. She would be saved. They would come for her. That's if she didn't get out first. With those last thoughts looming in her mind, she felt herself slip into the land of darkness as her body went rigid.

As soon as Gar and Jason had returned from the tunnels they'd made a beeline straight into Rachel's room

As soon as Gar and Jason had returned from the tunnels they'd made a beeline straight into Rachel's room. Fear covered their skin when they saw Harper's dagger on the floor surrounded by blood. Pale skin, eyes wide, heart thumping. Realisation sunk in.

Harper was gone.

" How are we going to tell Dick?" Rachel shrieked after the two boys had told her about their rendezvous in the tunnels.

Her heart was beating out of her chest as the worry for the girl she looked up too had been captured.

When Jason had saw her blood on the floor words couldn't describe how he'd felt. The regret clawed at him as he'd believed it was his fault she had been taken and to an extent it was. If he didn't feel as if he had to prove himself to the others, then they wouldn't have gone into the tunnels and Harper would be here with them instead of God knows where,  fending for her life.

Gar had snapped at him, clouded by fury, he didn't think what he had  screamed to Jason about how this was his fault, something outrageous but too blinded by red to even think straight.  None of them had ever seen Garfield Logan that angry.