Chapter 25-- Secrets

Start from the beginning

"Yes!!! I'm so proud of you, Arie! Can't wait to celebrate with you." I smiled, super excited to see her again.

"Liam knows about this. The VP was more involved in it, but Liam signed and approved the letter," She explained.

Wait what!

"What! He knows and he didn't tell me. How come I didn't see the letter?" I asked curiously. "That's because I emailed him directly, and I told him not to tell you. I wanted to surprise you," She said.

That explains why he has been acting weird when I mention Arie. He just pretends to have a call or just blab about something else.

Liam and Arie have spoken to each other on the phone so many times. I'm usually with Liam when she calls.

A while ago, I introduced him to my friends and family as my boyfriend over the phone. He has spoken with my family a few times. He can reach them anytime because he has their numbers.

He thought it was a fair trade because I grew closer to his family.

I'm just glad they all love him.

"I'm sorry, don't be mad at me or him. I kind of threatened him. Just a little bit," She said, making me laugh. I shook my head knowing she was capable of doing that.

"You two are friends now. I'm just glad you two get along. I'm glad everyone loves him, well, except Aiden." I said.

"Don't worry, I'm sure those two will come around," She assured me. "I hope so," I replied. After that, Arie and I spoke for a few more minutes before saying goodbye.

***

"Good morning," I greeted no one in particular as I entered my office. Some replied, while some snorted, mostly ladies of course. Isn't that such a pleasant way to start a Monday morning?

"Morning Sunshine," Liam sang, resting on the frame of my door.

Now that's the way to start a morning.

That gorgeous face. I can do anything just to see him and hear his voice every minute.

"Good morning," I replied and gave him a short kiss on his lips. He sighed dreamily making me smile. "It's indeed a good morning," He said with his beautiful smile.

"Cancel all the meetings today. Reschedule the ones you can. I have an intentional meeting with the interior designers for the hotel. I will be in my office talking to them. I don't want anyone to interrupt me," He said and I nodded in reply.

Liam is almost done with the construction of his hotel. He wants to open it by the end of June or the first week of July so he's rushing it.

"But I thought the interior designers were already done showing you the plan," I let out.

The last time I checked he told me they're done with the sketch.

"Er... you know... just a little patch. I wanted to add some details and... er... yeah that's pretty much it. I didn't like their idea for the rooms so... I'll see you later," He responded hastily and ran to his office.

He's hiding something. That's how he behaves when he's hiding something from me, but what is it this time?

It is not Arie because I called him last night after talking to Arie. He knows that I know now.

The question is what is he hiding? I'm gonna find out. But first I need to get some work done.

After 30 minutes of working, I walked into Liam's office without knocking. I know it's not polite, I just want to know what he's hiding this time.