2.30 Sometimes, Qiu Yue Wanted To Beat Up People 2in1

Ignoring the flashing cameras, something they'd both gotten very good at doing, Qiu Yue had stuffed Qiao Feng into her car and drove off to the hospital.

Thankfully, Qiao Feng's injuries weren't ones that required extensive and difficult surgeries. For the sort of situation he'd gotten into, he had somehow managed to steer clear of more the dire consequences. Of course, that didn't stop Qiu Yue from fussing over him. All her tears and fretful energy was now being channeled into looking after him. As she'd cried so much, her tongue got sharper, giving biting responses to people if they so much as said the wrong word.

The worst part, perhaps, was that even when he was recuperating - she was still required to go shoot. In all fairness, Crystal had offered to postpone the whole affair till Qiao Feng had gotten better, but Qiu Yue had insisted on continuing. She wanted to finish up the movie so that she could push forward the wedding date.

Yes, she'd started planning the wedding.

Though she'd always been put off by the idea of marriage, she'd thought about a wedding once in a while. The dress, the venue, the seating arrangement, the flowers, the gifts, the theme, the ceremony - she had thought about a lot of things.

Her husband-to-be (oh how this made her heart skip a beat) wasn't any better though. Before anyone had thought humanly possible he was up and about, handling things around the set. He assured Qiu Yue that was he alright and she could only sniff at that. Did he really think he'd have been able to step out of the hospital if she hadn't already made sure of that? As if she'd take such a chance. But she'd admit that the way he took her miffed expression as concern and reassured her was very nice, so she never mentioned anything. It had been a couple of months after all.

Qiao Feng knew his wife-to-be of course, and he also knew just how scared she'd been on that day. He had noticed every single time she'd look at him discreetly to make sure he was there, he was okay. Every few minutes, like clockwork she'd check on him. She'd hold his hand and seeing the engagement ring in his finger, she'd swallow a little pain but say nothing. Her initial touch after some time apart was firm as if she needed to be sure he was there.

So yes, Qiao Feng would do anything to reassure her, no matter how long it took for her fear to fade away.

Walking around the set while Qiu Yue acted in the scene, Qiao Feng inevitably caught her eye. Honestly, it happened a lot nowadays. She'd look at the ring on her hand her stomach would twist. She'd bought the ring, she had proposed and yet it was just... Surreal.

Every time she looked at the ring it felt so unreal. It felt like she'd been waiting years to do this, and she had, but that feeling of steadiness - stability and the added overpowering anticipation of what was to come would cause her stomach to twist and her heart to flutter. It was like a rush of calm and sparks of excitement was driving her crazy all at the same time.

A heady feeling of lightness and an urge to uncontrollably burst into a smile gripped her at most times. She'd just be looking across the set, or catch a glimpse of him while filming, and just like that she'd fall a little bit deeper each time.

The wedding was approaching and though it was still a few months away, the thought of him just - she wasn't even sure what it was, she couldn't put it to words but it made her spine tingle in a way that she couldn't keep her hands off of him.

It wasn't sexual, it wasn't driven by passion. It was a reaction to his soft smile as he looked at her. The way his eyes would soften around the corners. The way he naturally took her fingers and entwined them with his.

Time was passing quickly.

Unfortunately, what Qiu Yue and Qiao Feng were unaware of was that since the last time he had saved Liang ZiQin unwittingly, the mercenaries had set their eyes on him instead. They'd recently got in the middle of a power struggle and it had split their group in half, the other half was dead. To get back some semblance of power, of skill, they had to do something big and soon. They wanted to make a public statement, they would hide their identities, but the ones they wanted to reach would know.