2.25 Meeting The Parents

A few days later, both of them got a response from the director. That acclaimed director who had made the condition to land her a role and to provide her with a song. Ms Crystal Ann had finally found a song she liked. Not just liked, she felt like it was better than anything she could've imagined. Her hurried request for them to come to A Country proved her excitement.

Along with the fact that Qiao Feng's mother seemed to have lost her patience and was demanding that he come to A Country, they decided to leave that day itself.

As they boarded the steps of the private plane, Qiu Yue weighted the good and bad that could happen on this trip. She was quite ticked off by the way Qiao Feng's mother had done things, but she didn't want to say or do anything harsh as she was still his mother.

She looked up from her thoughts to smile as Qiao Feng, taking his outstretched hand as she climbed over the last few steps.

After the long flight, Qiao Feng picked up the car that had been left in the airport parking for him.

He looked at Qiu Yue and hesitated a bit.

"Can we go back to the Qiao Family estate first?"

Qiu Yue's lips twitched, and she couldn't help laughing a little looking at the way he was asking her permission. Her eyes smiling, she looked at him and said yes.

On the way there Qiu Yue looked outside the window, fascinated by the different feel of A country.

However, the Qiao family estate was a stark contrast to all the other mansions they'd seen on the way. It was heavily imbued with eastern architecture. It was still a mansion, but you could certainly feel the foreign details strike.

Qiao Feng's parents were waiting outside for him. It surprised Qiu Yue a little, after all, with how adamant his stepmother had been at not accepting her because of her status, she'd figured his family was colder. Her eyes softened as she looked at his parents hug him in joy. Seeing the soft smile on his face, Qiu Yue felt an unknown feeling bloom in her chest.

However, just like she's expected, his stepmother gave her a complete cold shoulder, refusing to even acknowledge her presence, while his father had simply nodded at her. As she'd already expected this, it felt so childish and petty, Qiu Yue couldn't help but chuckle. This just happened to annoy Qiao Feng's stepmother even more.

As they walked into the house, Qiao Feng fell into line with Qiu Yue, reaching for her hand with his. Giving her a slightly worried look, he squeezed her palm.

Qiu Yue looked up at him and smiled, bumping their shoulders together lightly to reassure him.

Qiao Feng's Father, who had been very quiet thus far, had a faraway look in his eyes as he looked at the both of them. He remembered his wife, Qiao Feng's mother. She'd died almost 15 years ago, but he'd yet to stop loving her. Of course, he was married to Qiao Feng's stepmother, and he respected her, and they both loved Qiao Feng. However, the way he'd felt for Qiao Feng's mother was something he could never forget. She had been his wife, his first love, his strength. Only he knew how hard he had struggled to stay alive after she was killed.

The people behind her death had long since been captured and punished, but the father and son could never forget her. Qiao Feng stopped performing and singing and his father was forced to pick up the pieces to take care of his son.

Looking at his son now, he felt like he was looking at his younger self.

While Qiu Yue was looking at the garden through the window, Mr Qiao pulled Qiao Feng aside.

"Don't lose her."

Qiao Feng blinked, processing what his father had just said.

"So you...?"