1.3 Returning home

A few days later Qiu Yue stood outside the Lang family house

A few days later Qiu Yue stood outside the Lang family house. Well one of them at least.

She had given in a request for a leave of absence to the college and decided to go back to the family. The original owner wanted to experience what a normal life was like, and thus she had left home to go the national college that the female lead attended. The original owner was quite smart as she consistently held her ranks in the top 20, of course, the female lead was somehow in the top 5.

To this rebellious original owner, Qiu Yue could only sigh. Why, when you had the opportunity and privilege to live in luxury, would you go away? She knew there were many reasons but seriously, she knew they weren't completely senseless but she just couldn't wrap her head around it.

So Qiu Yue decided that she would go back to Lang family, and to the doting father and mother she would bat her eyes and squeeze out some water and open her own company.

One of the original owner's regrets was that she was never able to do anything for her family, so Qiu Yue decided that she would learn and try her best to fulfill the original owner's wish.

And now she stood outside the family's main house. Contrary to other big families, the Lang family was quite close and had strong bonds.

When she walked in she was greeted by everyone very warmly. Her heart felt slightly uncomfortable, after all, she wasn't the original owner.

A lady with streaks of white hair and a very amicable face, round with freckles and redness on the cheeks, looking very much like a sweet grandma, walked hurriedly towards her.

"Grandma Zhi!"

Qiu Yue said. She recognized grandma Zhi from the original owner's memories. The old lady had always been very sweet and caring. When the original owner's parents went overboard in spoiling her, grandma Zhi was the one who scold them. She had been part of the family staff for a long time, almost since the original owner's mother was a small child.

"Young Miss Yue! Oh my, your parents will be very surprised! Young Miss ought to tell us before you come."

Grandma Zhi motioned with her hands, bringing Qiu Yue to the drawing room. Well stepping into, Qiu Yue didn't feel it was a drawing room, it felt more like the hall of a grand house, which in retrospect - it was.

Qiu Yue smiled at a Grandma Zhi as she left to call her parents.

Qiu Yue looked around the room as her eyes fell onto a mantel made from what looked to be antique wood. Everything in the room was simplistic yet rustic. Nothing too ornate and very clean.

Qiu Yue was nervous, although she wanted to open her own company, it was easier said than done. After all rich people stay rich by making the right investments. It wasn't going to be easy. Though she had been a business major and had good ideas, including the successful ones from her world, and if push came to shove then YanYan existed. But she was nervous. After all her entire life she hasn't asked her parents for anything. While they weren't her real parents, it felt - it felt weird.