2.18 Let's Play Ball

Flashes flickered in the corners of their eyes all around them. Though Qiao Feng didn't want to let go, he couldn't just keep kissing her right now. So he moved back, gently breaking the kiss and yet facing her with a firm gaze.

Looking at his expression, Qiu Yue knew what he wanted to know.

She couldn't help but sigh. How was she supposed to explain that he was her Huo Zi Feng? Her Feng?

She bit her lip not knowing what she could say to him, how to tell him when he finally relented.

Taking a look around, he knew that any damage control he could've done to hide yesterday night was now completely useless. He placed his arm around her waist making Qiu Yue glance at him in surprise. By the look on his face, even though he said nothing, Qiu Yue knew he wanted answers once they were alone and she gave him an imperceptible nod as he guided her inside.

Fan Yin came up to them with a teasing smile but that faded when he saw the look on Qiao Feng's face and the nervous Qiu Yue.

Qiao Feng simply waved at Fan Yin and took Qiu Yue's hand, pulling her into an empty room.

A few moments went by in dry silence as Qiao Feng waited for to speak and she didn't say a thing.

"Qiu Yue-"

"I like you. A lot. But I can't just-"

He couldn't even finish the sentence, sighing, he wasn't even sure how to put it in words.

"Do you trust me?"

Qiu Yue said suddenly looking at him with a nervous expression.

"Well, I do."

"...what if, I said the person I missed... was you?"

Qiao Feng's heart skipped a beat but his expression remained stoic.

"I'd say that was impossible. I distinctly remember you telling me he was dead. That the ring you wear around your neck was for him."

"Feng... that's-"

She shook her head. That was true but that was so not the whole truth.

He softly continued.

"And yet for some reason, I believe you. I don't understand myself why it feels like that should be true even though it makes absolutely no sense."

Hearing his words, the way his softened as he looked at her, how he could believe such a crazy sentence that went against logic Qiu Yue smiled softly. He really did spoil her so much.

'I should tell him the truth.'

'Maybe, just maybe he'll believe me. I can even prove it using the system's storage space.'

"It's true, it's all true because-"

"Because she knew you when you both were kids!"

"Because I've known you in another life."

The door burst open as Yao Yan's voice came from behind in loud huffs.

It was funny because both Qiu Yue and Qiao Feng had the exact same look of incredulity.

Wtf?

Qiao Feng opened his mouth to say something big then decided against it just alternating between Qiu Yue and Yao Yan. Yao Yan immediately hit Qiu Yue on the shoulder glaring at her while Qiu Yue coughed sheepishly.

"You couldn't wait a few seconds?"

Yao Yan hissed at Qiu Yue. Seriously what was she thinking? Telling him the truth? Who'd believe that?!